• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Music Ideas for Anniversary Party...

LSUmom4kids

LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!
We are throwing our parents a 50th Anniversary Party and are looking for a way to play music from the last 50 years - some dancing music. We can't afford a band or a DJ, however the hall has a cd changer (up to 5 cds).

Where can we find some good music from 1961-2011 for a 3 hour party, other than buying songs from iTunes? Do you know of any cds we can buy that would have a good selection?

We rented a hall with food included so that us kids wouldn't be setting up, or cleaning up - we want to be able to enjoy the guests of honor and all the party guests. We are hiring a professional photographer (friend of my sister) and are hoping that we won't have to worry about the music for the big event at the end of the year.

I know people on these boards are full of knowledge and someone might have the perfect music idea! Thanks in advance!:hippie:

We are throwing our parents a 50th Anniversary Party and are looking for a way to play music from the last 50 years - some dancing music. We can't afford a band or a DJ, however the hall has a cd changer (up to 5 cds).

Where can we find some good music from 1961-2011 for a 3 hour party, other than buying songs from iTunes? Do you know of any cds we can buy that would have a good selection?

We rented a hall with food included so that us kids wouldn't be setting up, or cleaning up - we want to be able to enjoy the guests of honor and all the party guests. We are hiring a professional photographer (friend of my sister) and are hoping that we won't have to worry about the music for the big event at the end of the year.

I know people on these boards are full of knowledge and someone might have the perfect music idea! Thanks in advance!:hippie:

We just did my parents 50th so we picked : Elvis, Frank S, Bobby Darin, Diana Ross &the supremes, Blood sweat & tears, Shirrells, Tony Orlando & Dawn,5th Dimension, Frankie Valli & the four seasons. Also more now Phil Collins & Elton john

Kae

Load up your CDs (or those of some family members) onto an iPod and make a playlist that has enough songs to last for the duration of the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter