Need Mickey Birthday Party ideas before we leave.

LSUmom4kids

LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!
Every year we have one family birthday party for the kids - they all have birthdays within a one month time period (July/August). So this year, before we take our First family WDW vacation, I'd like to make the theme to our family birthday party: Mickey Mouse!!

Just our immediate family is invited (just a few little kids) and we usually have a buffet type lunch and then cake and ice cream. I'm looking for Mickey Mouse invitations to send out. I saw a cute mickey mouse "walking" helium balloon I'd like to get. I also want to get a really cute mickey shaped birthday cake.

Some of our relatives ask what they can get the kids. Would it be improper to suggest spending money or disney dollars for our trip (but only if they ask)?

Please share your best Mickey birthday party ideas. I don't want to spend a fortune but I want to get the kids in the mood - the party will be less than a week from our vacation!!!!!!

:bday: :cake:

Maybe you can all get Mickey t-shirts from the Disney store to wear at your party and then you can wear them to Disney also.

My son is having his b-day while we are in Disney and I got some decorations to hang in our hotel room (balloons, streamer, happy birthday banner). I have to say I had a hard time finding some and when I did they were all on sale so I'm not sure if they are discontinuing them or what. You could always go w/ black, white and red decorations. Ebay had some cute things if you search for Mickey party.

Good luck.

I had a Mickey Mouse party for my sons last year. I had a hard time finding Mickey themed items so I had to get creative. I got a bunch of paint Mickey paint sample cards from Home Depot. I bought a solid red plastic tablecloth and taped the Mickeys from the paint samples to make a "Mickey Tablecloth". I taped up the extras as decorations.
I bought a mickey mouse head candy mold from a local candy supply store and made chocolate suckers for the children.
If you can't find Mickey themed party goods stick with the solid black, red and yellow.
Ebay is always a great place to look for things too.
Have fun!

Joann's and Michael's - I would assume other craft stores as well - have Disney stamps which you could easily use to decorate plain napkins with or stamp your invites.

Disney store online has the make your own tee-shirt section - you could make birthday shirts for your kids.

We did my dd bday this year at WDW and had everyone give her Disney dollars. They were all happy to do so.

I don't know your kids' ages, but I did a Mickey birthday party for my DD3. We did three games:

Pin the bow tie on Mickey/Pin the bow on Minnie:
I used red Christmas bows and a blown up picture of Mickey.

Mickey Bean Bag Toss:
Found mickey fabric and made bean bags. Cut out the outline of Mickey's head from a large box. The kids threw the Mickey bean bags through the cut out of Mickey's head.

Disney Dance along:
Put together well known Disney songs and the kids had to act out the actions that went with the song.
So they growled like lions during Just Can't Wait to be King, flew around to You Can Fly, march to Mickey Mouse Club theme, bounced like Tigger to The Wonderful Thing about Tiggers, danced slowly with Mom or Dad to Beauty and the Beast, etc.

Have a great party and trip!

Party city has lots of Mickey and Minnie items.

Buy cheap paper sacks and decorate the bags with disney stickers. You can either do it as an activity at the party or before they arrive. You can also use the stickers to decorate the invitations.

Also, if people ask - definately suggest Disney Dollar/GC(now?).

Have fun! :rolleyes1

Wal-Mart has (or at least did recently) Mickey Mouse party supplies. Also try www.birthdayjubilee.com, they carry the line that Wal-Mart does. It's difficult to find but not impossible.

The other place to try is Birthday Express.

We just did out DD's second birthday with a JoJo's Circus theme and I got a lot of great stuff from there.

If you're looking for cute favors or something to do, Toys R Us is clearancing out some stuff your own soft toys, they had Mickey, Minnie, a dalamation puppy, and Stitch, they were $2. 48 a piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter