Need Memory Maker Advice

We arrive at WDW this Friday. We already bought MM so it will be ready to start loading photos as soon as we arrive and check in. We will be there 15 nights, and then another 2 days to drive home. Should we wait to look at the pictures until we get home so we have the full 30 days? Or should we look on our iPhones as soon as we get shots taken/added so we know they were loaded properly? What does everyone think? Thank you for any words of wisdom :)

I've heard that the photos don't show up on the MDE app, if that's where you were thinking about looking at them. Personally, I'd try to check them out at the photopass center in the parks every day. The main reason I say this is because there's always a chance that the band may not scan correctly and a few photos could come up missing. The photopass CMs are always willing to help find missing photos, but it's a lot easier to do the day they were taken, when they can talk to you in person and see you, than trying to do it through email at home.

I'd say if there are photos you "can't live without," definitely make sure they made it into your account before you leave the park.

Side note: I'm definitely not trying to worry you, even though I know it sounds that way. I've used the photopass products many times and have only ever lost a few pictures, all of which the CMs were able to find for me. It's definitely not an issue that happens all the time, it's just something to be aware of, is all. I hope this info helped, and enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

ETA: It usually takes about 2 hours for photos to show up in the photopass system at the parks, and up to 24 hours for them to show up on your personal account.

There are places in the parks where you can view your photos and it doesn't start the time limit to down load your photos. In mk it's where Mickey meets on the left as you go into mk. In hs it's on the right on a corner just after you go in.

Thank you.
Would I be able to go to the "full site" on my phone to view them? What website is it? If I can't do that we will look in the parks.

We just returned and used Memory Maker. I was able to go on my tablet every night and review pictures - I just waited until we went home to download anything.

We did not have any missing pictures - was there for 8 days and had about 250 pictures!!! It was perfect and well worth the money!

My extended family of 10 was there from May 4 -11...I had 398 pictures on our memory Maker...well worth it for us

We would look at them at night at the hotel on our iphone or tablets. They cannot be seen on the app...only on the full website...login on the website and got to the Photopass link under my Disney Experience..or just google Disney Photpass and it will take you to a site to log into...

some shots didn't show up until next morning...but all were there

Also you have 45 days (not 30) to download a pic from the date it was taken. So pics taken on your first day "expire" before pics taken on your last day

I downloaded all the day I got home in a few minutes. I have gone on afew times since then and added borders etc to some pics and downloaded them again. Still have 3+ weeks before they expire and honestly I don't see myself logging on again since they are all on my hard drive

I am here now and have been reviewing them every night on my iPad. I have had 2 sets of pics missing. Character shot from Epcot was located at photo shop there. I have a claim in for a Space Mtn photo that is missing.

You guys are all making me feel even more excited! Thank you. I think I will look them up on my phone on the photo pass website while there and just make sure I get them all downloaded as soon as we get home

We leave Daytona at 11:00 ad will be heading straight to Disney today !!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter