Need lightest, coolest sneakers for parks-No crocs or sandals

Status
Not open for further replies.
nike moto or any running designed shoe i have issues with feet including having an ankle reconstructed last year im only 23 too i wear nike moto's they have a very roomy toe box and have good support i will have probably 5 pairs of shoes with me when we leave on thursday becuase i just never know what my feet are going to do from rainbow flip flops to crocs to my nikes some days i wish i could just go barefoot!!

If you want the best socks ever, try the Smart Wool socks. They come in everything from lowcut (tennis) type to hiking and ski socks. They are very expensive but are wonderful at keeping your feet cool and dry (or warm and dry in the winter). I know wool socks in the summer sounds weird, but they really work.

I swear by Adidas Oswego running shoes. I have used them for 10 years now (no, not the same pair). They release new color schemes every season. They make them in mens and womens. I find that they are made a little wider at the toes, not something you see very often in running shoes. Very comfy. I wear mine with Adidas cotton ankle socks. The shoes are very light as well which helps with the leg fatigue. And I must say they always look pretty darn good.

I like my New Balance. They're comfortable and offer a lot of support, both arch and ankle. I also like my Merrells, but after a few days, they start to hurt my feet.

We also use "double layer socks" that we get at the Running Room so there is less friction and therefore less heat and blisters, but they also has the "wick away" feature.

DH sprays our walking shoes with a water sealer (similar to the stuff you use in winter to protect from snow or to water proof a tent) so when it's raining or we're on a water ride, the water just rolls off our shoes and our feet never get wet. This has come in handy on more than one occasion.

I'm looking at Keens for the parks and have found some good deals online. However, I have never worn Keens and don't know how they run. I normally wear a women's 9. Suggestions (other than fighting the holiday crowds to go try some on only to come home and order online)?

Hanes makes a white sock that wicks away moisture. I use them at Disney and it really helps.

I also take two pairs of tennis shoes. Just switching to a different pairs makes a difference.

Zombie thread

Seriously zombie. And after running the post that revived it through Google translator, I'd say it was revived by a spammer.

ETA: In case anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, there was a post in French that had revived this thread. I reported it as possible spam, and the moderators obviously agreed, because now the post is gone.

Seriously zombie. And after running the post that revived it through Google translator, I'd say it was revived by a spammer. ETA: In case anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, there was a post in French that had revived this thread. I reported it as possible spam, and the moderators obviously agreed, because now the post is gone.

Ah thanks for the explanation. The first new poster I saw made perfect sense to me! Lol. I just couldn't get over thinking "wow. My daughter was 7 weeks old when this conversation started"

Asics gel and Nike Air are faves for hubby and I. Both are very lightweight and have mesh toe caps and arches. When a breeze blows, you can feel it thru the shoes. Pair with moisture wicking socks.

I have a couple of pair of jogging shoes that I got to wear in the parks. They are light weight and have a lot of mesh so they breath well. They are also designed to absorb the shock of jogging so they support the feet well while walking all day. I also alternate shoes each day so the shoes I last wore have a chance to dry out before I wear them again. I also wear wicking golf socks which help keep my feet dry and cool. I think DryMax is the brand of socks I get. I don't have a specific brand of shoes that I get. I usually buy whats on sale and fits well.

My new favorite Disney shoes are Sketcher's GoWalk. On a whim, I got them on sale at Kohl's before our trip. I brought them, my Sanuk flip flops and my Asic Gel Running Shoes for our trip this past September and the days I wore the GoWalks were the only days my feet didn't get sore. They are so lightweight and my feet didn't get hot at all (which is big for September). I got the kind that lace up like normal tennis shoes.

I am planning to pick up at least one more pair for our trips this year! :goodvibes

My new favorite Disney shoes are Sketcher's GoWalk. On a whim, I got them on sale at Kohl's before our trip. I brought them, my Sanuk flip flops and my Asic Gel Running Shoes for our trip this past September and the days I wore the GoWalks were the only days my feet didn't get sore. They are so lightweight and my feet didn't get hot at all (which is big for September). I got the kind that lace up like normal tennis shoes. I am planning to pick up at least one more pair for our trips this year! :goodvibes
I got them at Kohls too. They were great! Amazon sells them too.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I started a thread while back asking for opinions about Skechers Go Walks. Got tons of positive feedback. I'm told they're very comfy, fairly supportive, and cool. I plan to try on my next trip.

So, no personal experience with them yet, but lots of great feedback from others!

Sketchers GoWalks they have memory foam in them and it feels like you have nothing but socks on they are so lightweight.... :love:

I totally agree with the GoWalks. They are so light not only in your feet but in your luggage as well. My only recommendation would be to wear them for a few days before the parks. My arches were a little sore the first day I wore them all day but after that no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter