Need Info on Cat 5E Dream/Fantasy Rooms - Oversized Verandah Photos?

Ok, I am confused.
I just booked a cat 5e gty for a 7 night on the fantasy for Jan 2014. I keep reading that other people that also booked a cat 5e picked their rooms. When looking at the deck plans and rooms, I only see cat 5e that are gty. I've called Disney and asked if we can pick a room and you have to wait until they are assinged. I guess my question is how can you pick your room with the cat 5e? Are they are a gty? Thanks

Nope. GTY happens when a room category is nearing sold out. Everyone who booked their 5Es ahead of you picked their room numbers. Now that the 5E category has neared sold out they will book only as GTYs and assign you a room. The "guarantee" part of GTY means you are guaranteed to be assigned a stateroom in the 5E category or higher. Not lower. You may not end up in a 5E at all. You could end up in a higher room category at the 5E price. There's no telling until your room assignment comes in usually anywhere from a month or so to a few weeks prior to sailing. Good luck! :goodvibes

Nope. GTY happens when a room category is nearing sold out. Everyone who booked their 5Es ahead of you picked their room numbers. Now that the 5E category has neared sold out they will book only as GTYs and assign you a room. The "guarantee" part of GTY means you are guaranteed to be assigned a stateroom in the 5E category or higher. Not lower. You may not end up in a 5E at all. You could end up in a higher room category at the 5E price. There's no telling until your room assignment comes in usually anywhere from a month or so to a few weeks prior to sailing. Good luck! :goodvibes

Thank you for explaining that it plain language. :goodvibes: We booked a GTY (also 5e, actually) room and didn't really know what the deal was. We sail 5/2/13.

Thank you for explaining that it plain language. :goodvibes: We booked a GTY (also 5e, actually) room and didn't really know what the deal was. We sail 5/2/13.

You're welcome. When we booked our first cruise everything on these boards was like jibberish to me. I would find something I didn't understand, search it, read as much as I could, try to figure it out, and if I couldn't make sense of it I'd email my TA who is also a friend. Glad to help out as I appreciated people being patient with me, too. :thumbsup2

sweetpee_1993 said:

All correct. However, even if you are in a 5E GTY, if you really want to be put in the 5E (I know I would!!), you can put a "Do not upgrade" request on your reservation. They will tell you it's nothing more than a request, but I know that it does work. If you have a TA, they can accommodate adding that request to the reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Silverfox97 said:
All correct. However, even if you are in a 5E GTY, if you really want to be put in the 5E (I know I would!!), you can put a "Do not upgrade" request on your reservation. They will tell you it's nothing more than a request, but I know that it does work. If you have a TA, they can accommodate adding that request to the reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh yes! Good thinking! Definitely put the do not upgrade request in if the 5E is what you're after. I've not done it personally but read it a few times. ;)

Friends of our sailed in 7194 in Nov. They loved the huge verandah but said the room vibrates a lot, not so bad they wanted to change cabins. Also smoke from the exhaust sometimes goes directly to that verandah and sometimes is bad enough to leave soot on everything.

Not to be a downer but just being honest. Overall they said they still LOVED it but then again it was their 1st cruise ever so no other experience to compare it to.

:goodvibes

Friends of our sailed in 7194 in Nov. They loved the huge verandah but said the room vibrates a lot, not so bad they wanted to change cabins. Also smoke from the exhaust sometimes goes directly to that verandah and sometimes is bad enough to leave soot on everything.

Not to be a downer but just being honest. Overall they said they still LOVED it but then again it was their 1st cruise ever so no other experience to compare it to.

:goodvibes

That's just the opposite of what we experienced Dec 8th Fantasy 7192 & 7194 smooth as glass :thumbsup2 No our room did not vibrate. Compared to 12 other ships I have been on it was perfect! Two mornings a little soot but no smoke? The room steward hosed off both balconies each time :thumbsup2
It was soooooo goooood we booked the same two rooms again for 2014 :):):):)

DSC03997.jpg

DSC03912.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03616.jpg

Shhh,,, say they are awful... Then nobody will book them :) I have a feeling that some of them will be redone into a suite or a new 4e cat at a higher price, specially the bigger rooms.

That's just the opposite of what we experienced Dec 8th Fantasy 7192 & 7194 smooth as glass :thumbsup2 No our room did not vibrate. Compared to 12 other ships I have been on it was perfect! Two mornings a little soot but no smoke? The room steward hosed off both balconies each time :thumbsup2
It was soooooo goooood we booked the same two rooms again for 2014 :):):):)

Well, that's good to hear. Maybe she was just sensitive.
You know what they say about opinions. ;)

I'm really, really surprised that they allowed the Christmas lights to remain up. Normally, the room steward would remove even the battery operated kind...not remove, but turn off....a silent "reminder" that they aren't allowed.

I'm really, really surprised that they allowed the Christmas lights to remain up. Normally, the room steward would remove even the battery operated kind...not remove, but turn off....a silent "reminder" that they aren't allowed.

Was told they were ok because of batteries. Electric with extension cords NO.

Mirror in room had lights along with a tree, Santa & Snowman. All were led with no electric.

We had 10658 on the Dream. We loved the oversized verandah. Yes, it was a rectangular tub. Plenty of space to unpack. A little vibration while docking, but it was brief. Very little noise from upstairs. Some secondhand cigarette smoke from nearby. Yuck! Close to stairs/elevator. We booked it before it became a new category so they didn't increase our fare. On Pirate Night we watched the fireworks from the verandah. Awesome view. Worth it!

You're welcome. When we booked our first cruise everything on these boards was like jibberish to me. I would find something I didn't understand, search it, read as much as I could, try to figure it out, and if I couldn't make sense of it I'd email my TA who is also a friend. Glad to help out as I appreciated people being patient with me, too. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I did have my TA make the note! My fingers are crossed! lol

How about 6192.

I can tell you the first night it did vibrate a bit. The one thing for sure being dead center the room pivots back and forth a lot.

I would take this room again no problem.

Rough measurements were 15x18 feet. Yes that large. 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

The flag was never a problem.

dqrpr7.jpg

wjdvl2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter