• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need info on Bay Lake Towers

hlvpruden

Earning My Ears
We are headed to WDW Monday morning and staying at BLT. We have stayed at GF in the past.

We have a two bedroom suite and will have three adults, two kids (3 & 5) and an infant.

I was wondering if there are washer and dryers in every room
and if they provide detergent or do we need to bring our own?

Also, do I have to request a crib/pack n play? Should I do that before we leave or when we check in? I'd much rather have a crib if given the choice.

Anything else I should know before we leave?

Thanks!!

We are headed to WDW Monday morning and staying at BLT. We have stayed at GF in the past.

We have a two bedroom suite and will have three adults, two kids (3 & 5) and an infant.

I was wondering if there are washer and dryers in every room
and if they provide detergent or do we need to bring our own?

Also, do I have to request a crib/pack n play? Should I do that before we leave or when we check in? I'd much rather have a crib if given the choice.

Anything else I should know before we leave?

Thanks!!

Yes, there are washers & dryers in every room except studios. They provide a 1 load box of tide. Did you book through CRO? If so, you will get housekeeping daily and they should replace the tide. If you booked with DVC points, you will get limited housekeeping based on the number of nights of stay.

Each room has a pack n play.

First off.....HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!:)
We just returned from a glorious 7 night stay in a 2 BDRM MKview room!!! :thumbsup2
Yes, you will have a washer/dryer in your suite (I believe only the studios do not). Housekeeping will provide you with one box of Tide. We purchased detergent with our Garden Grocer order, but I believe there's detergent for sale over in the shop in the Contemporary also.
We also requested a "crib" . There are PnP's in the closet...but we requested a crib when we booked the room. Some CM's will say there are none avail...others will gladly put in into your comments. When we got up to our room we called Housekeeping and they brought one right to the room. Keep in mind it is not a regular sized crib, but probably 1/3 smaller and lower to the ground. We also brought our own bumper guard and sheets. The crib fit comfortably next to the King size bed...if that helps, too!!:thumbsup2

Enjoy your stay!!! We LOVED it and can't wait to return!!!:lovestruc

Thank you - I feel silly but what is a CRO? We booked through small world travel :)
That is good news - with an infant I imagine we will need to do some laundry :)

First off.....HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!:)
We just returned from a glorious 7 night stay in a 2 BDRM MKview room!!! :thumbsup2
Yes, you will have a washer/dryer in your suite (I believe only the studios do not). Housekeeping will provide you with one box of Tide. We purchased detergent with our Garden Grocer order, but I believe there's detergent for sale over in the shop in the Contemporary also.
We also requested a "crib" . There are PnP's in the closet...but we requested a crib when we booked the room. Some CM's will say there are none avail...others will gladly put in into your comments. When we got up to our room we called Housekeeping and they brought one right to the room. Keep in mind it is not a regular sized crib, but probably 1/3 smaller and lower to the ground. We also brought our own bumper guard and sheets. The crib fit comfortably next to the King size bed...if that helps, too!!:thumbsup2

Enjoy your stay!!! We LOVED it and can't wait to return!!!:lovestruc

Thanks :) If I bring my own sheets (which I want to do) will they fit the mattress? My little girl cannot have bumpers anymore because she moves just enough to make it dangerous!

I don't think my travel agent requested the crib upfront (I hope she did but I am not sure). Is it too late?

CRO is "central reservations office." It is what "DRC" - "disney reservation center" used to be called and people still call it that because they are used to it. You'd just ask your travel agent.

This is going to sound nuts, but if you have a big ziplock bag it is easy to throw in some detergent and bring it in your suitcase for some extra loads. I don't like tide so we have done that before.

You also have a dishwasher. And a bigger than average tub. And the chair and sofa in the living room pull out.

You can ask when you get there for a crib. There is about a 50% chance that they'll tell you "there is already a pack and play in the closet" and you say "oh I know, but I was just wondering if any of those real cribs are still available." And if they don't know what you are talking about just push the housekeeping button on your phone and give the guy a couple of bucks when he brings it to you.

CRO is "central reservations office." It is what "DRC" - "disney reservation center" used to be called and people still call it that because they are used to it. You'd just ask your travel agent.

This is going to sound nuts, but if you have a big ziplock bag it is easy to throw in some detergent and bring it in your suitcase for some extra loads. I don't like tide so we have done that before.

You also have a dishwasher. And a bigger than average tub. And the chair and sofa in the living room pull out.

Thank you!! I don't really like tide either but we use liquid soap so that might be hard to travel with :) I normally use all organic items but I figure I will just wash the bibs ad burp rags with the tide.

I really appreciate all your help!

Thank you - I feel silly but what is a CRO? We booked through small world travel :)
That is good news - with an infant I imagine we will need to do some laundry :)

If you booked through a travel agent, it would not be a DVC points reservation so you will get housekeeping service daily. They should replace the box of Tide each day if used.

Thanks :) If I bring my own sheets (which I want to do) will they fit the mattress? My little girl cannot have bumpers anymore because she moves just enough to make it dangerous!

I don't think my travel agent requested the crib upfront (I hope she did but I am not sure). Is it too late?

Regular crib sheets are too big....I believe our guests (who have the baby) had to tuck in the extra fabric. PS...their baby was 18 months if that helps with size.

I don't think it's ever too late. But be aware that they may say "we don't carry them anymore". I would still call housekeeping as soon as you arrive.
Good luck!!;)

To the OP I am not sure if you already know this but check-in, valet services, bell service transportation options and dining locations are all located at the Contemporary.

Thanks everyone! We are very excited. I did buy two travel bottels and filled with my detergent and fab softner. I'm packing sheets and hoping for a crib ...

I appreciate all your help!

Have a great time, sounds like you got the laundry figured out but I remembered one other thing. My wife has been buying this all-in-one sort of things that are detergent and dryer sheets in one that are easy to pack.

Oh, and you might want to run the jets on tub with some of the dishwasher detergent before you put kids in it.

Oh, and there is a water squirt kind of playground area near the pool, big fun for little kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter