need info ASAP on California Adventure's ToT

eternaldisneyfan

<font color=royalblue>Have an Attitude of Gratitud
I am going down to a city near Anaheim for an evaluation for assistive technology. An organization is paying for 2 nights in a hotel, 2 days food, and gas. I was thinking about going up a day earlier and paying for an extra night myself so I could ride Tower of Terror at California Adventure. When the Disneyland site was first advertising it, they said it was wheelchair accessible. However, I just went back to the site and it has been changed and the wheelchair symbols are no longer there. I looked at the mobility guide but Tower of Terror is too new to be in it. I know the one at WDW is NOT wheelchair accessible. I can't transfer from my wheelchair to ride thrill rides. I have always wanted to ride Tower of Terror and love thrill rides. Does anyone know if Tower of Terror at California Adventure is wheelchair accessible? Also how cold is it? Would a GAC let us wait in line inside since I am sensitive to cold? There are several other attractions I like that would fill up our day. This just seems like the perfect opportunity since part of the payment is covered. My appointment is December 2 so I need to make a decision fast. Thanks!

I am pretty sure that it is. I seem to recall seeing the handicap symbol on the car. If you load from the bottom floor, I don't believe there are any steps. Please don't go on my advice alone, but I think you would be ok. Anyone else???

It's been a little chilly out here, but during the day it's not quite so bad. It should get a little warmer this weekend, though.

good luck!
c

I don't believe TOT is wheelchair accessible. I once saw a person in a wheelchair who was able to go through the entire line and preshow in his wheelchair, but he had to transfer for the actual ride portion. You may want to contact the Disneyland Resort to be sure.

Last time we rode TOT there was a young man in a wheelchair on our elevator. He did need to transfer. Though they can bring the chair onto the platform, right up to the seats in the front row, if I remember correctly. As far as waiting inside, not sure, but it shouldn't be a problem. If the current weather holds, expect daytime highs in the mid to uper 60s, lows near 50. Hope that helps.

I didn't see a space where they could put a wheelchair in the elvator, or a way to secure a wheelchair to the ground. I think you would probably have to transfer if you wanted to ride.

I'm pretty sure you have to transfer out of the chair. The seats aren't movable or removable and the aisle between them is far too narrow to put a wheelchair.

It's a transfer ride, I was just on it with my friends and he asked what transfer meant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter