• 1024 x 768 Screen Resolution

• 32 Bit Color

• 16 Bit Color

• 256 Color

• I'm a MAC user, but thanks anyway.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
NOTE: Please read below before registering (voting) what you have. Multiple answers required.

As some of you know, almost 2-years ago I created an Excel spreadsheet DVC members could use to quickly calculate and plan their DVC vacations.

Unfortunately if you didn't have Microsoft Excel, you couldn't use the spreadsheet.

So, I am now in the process of creating a new planner that will work on any Windows machine. (Sorry MAC users, no can do).

The program will be a fully executable program (*.EXE file) and will have the point charts included thru 2010.

In order to format the program to best fit the majority of potential users, I could use some help in knowing what kind of equipment everyone is using.

You need to answer in at least 3 different places: Your operating system, your screen resolution, and your color settings.

If you don't know your resolution and color, you can find out by RIGHT-click on your DESKTOP, select Properties, and then select settings. If you are using something different than the choices above, then pick the closest number, or just post a reply.

Thanks for your help. I expect the program can be ready for testing in a few weeks, followed by first distribution. The initial release will have full trip PLANNING features similar to the current Excel program which is still available. (You can find it via this link....http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178940)

I also expect to follow up at a later date with a version that will also have full point tracking capabilities. While there are already some tracking programs out there, I feel it never hurts to have other choices. I expect to survey you again to see what kind of features you'd like to see in a tracking program.

All programs will be freeware and I will put them out for distribution for anyone who wants a copy. All rights reserved.

Bill

Bill,

Look forward to seeing this app. I had to answer all three OS choices as I use 2000 on my work laptop, XP on work desktop, and ME at home. I usually use the laptop while at home, so windows 2000 would be the most used by me.

Mike

I also answered multiple OSs for my laptop and desktop. But you didn't include Pocket PC 2002 for my Jornada :)

Thanks for all the programming you've done for us! I'm a developer too, so I know the amount of work you've done. I've programmed my own planner/tracker in Access, and just entering all the points charts (including history back to opening) was a chore.

If you need a beta tester, just let me know -- I'd be glad to help :cool:

How about a SQL version that could run on any platform, Yes including MACs, and could export to excel?:smooth:

P.S. Yes I am a Mac user but I do windows and Linux as well.:cool: :p

Pocket PC 2002
a SQL version
:rolleyes: Don't forget a Palm OS version :crazy:

I have been using your excel version for about a year and it has been a great time (and sanity) saver.
Thanks, Bill.
(Oh, and can you make it backward-compatable with the Commodore-64?) ;)

(Oh, and can you make it backward-compatable with the Commodore-64?)

Sure, I can easily make a version that goes all the way back to the Commodore Pet, the Apple II, and the Radio Shack TRS-80.

The code is very simple, as follows:

Start of Code:

Print: Sorry, but Disney Vacation Club is not in existance at this time. Please come back in 1992

End of Code:

:p

BTW I will need some beta testers. Anyone else besides Peter interested, please e-mail or PM me.

I hope Rich volunteers. I bet I could make a lot of money from bribes from other members to write special code that would disable the "B", "W" and "V" keys on his computer.....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter