• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need info about the perfectly princess tea party at GF

cab0ad

disney lover
Has anyone done this? Do you have to pay the full amount in advance? how long does it last? how crowded is it? Is it worth the cost? any info/pics would be very much appreciated!

I was just looking for information on this... You can google "My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party" and get some ideas. Its pretty pricey but I can't even imagine how excited my 4 year old would be... Seems like its about 90 minutes long. You do have to pay for the full thing in advance. There are some pictures posted at theme park insider, but you'll come across it through a google search.

I did this with my 2 girls last May - they were 7 and 3 1/2 at the time. My 3yr old LOVED it. My 7 yr old is on the verge of not liking princesses anymore but I knew she would be upset if she didn't get to go as well. She turned out having a great time once she decided it wasn't just for "little" kids. Also, most of the younger girls were wearing pretty fancy princess dresses, my little one was Rapunzel but my older didn't want to dress up. She wore a sun dress and noticed that most of the older girls there didn't have costumes either.

The entire thing is extremely well done. When you get there the girls get an invitation that they have to bring up to the door and be called into the Tea Room. The host of the party is Rose Petal...a special friend of Sleeping Beauty. When the girls are called in they are introduced to the crowd (of onlooking parents) as a princess and they get crowned by Rose Petal. Inside each table is set with the appropriate tea set and each girl receives a Sleeping Beauty Doll (Am. Girl Size) along with a few other surprises.

It wasn't crowded when we were there..the seating is limited, there were probably 20 girls the day we were there. Most girls were accompanied by Moms. You can see into the Tea room from the lobby of GF and I noticed quite a few Dad's hanging out there - they could still see and take pictures.

Rose Petal tells stores, sings songs, teaches the girls to cursty and various other court manners. Tea is served, real tea for the parents, apple juice for the kids, along with finger sandwiches, I believe jelly if I remember for the kids and a selection of sandwiches/cheese & fruit for the parents. Desert is cake although my girls were way too excited by the arrival of Sleeping Beauty to eat much of it :)

Both Rose Petal and Sleeping Beauty spend time with each girl individually. They got a lot of time to talk, do autographs, take pictures, etc. I really wish they would have had a photopass photographer in the tea room - they don't so make sure to bring your camera! After there is a special picture taken by the photopass (girls are posed in their princess garb) and they get an adoption certificate for their new doll.

All in all I believe it took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish...the very last thing is a parade through the GF lobby.

I'd highly recommed it - it was completely worth the price to see the awe of my girls faces.

thanks for the info! trying to decide whether or not to do this with my DD6. sounds like a blast!

I did this with my 2 girls last May - they were 7 and 3 1/2 at the time. My 3yr old LOVED it. My 7 yr old is on the verge of not liking princesses anymore but I knew she would be upset if she didn't get to go as well. She turned out having a great time once she decided it wasn't just for "little" kids. Also, most of the younger girls were wearing pretty fancy princess dresses, my little one was Rapunzel but my older didn't want to dress up. She wore a sun dress and noticed that most of the older girls there didn't have costumes either.

The entire thing is extremely well done. When you get there the girls get an invitation that they have to bring up to the door and be called into the Tea Room. The host of the party is Rose Petal...a special friend of Sleeping Beauty. When the girls are called in they are introduced to the crowd (of onlooking parents) as a princess and they get crowned by Rose Petal. Inside each table is set with the appropriate tea set and each girl receives a Sleeping Beauty Doll (Am. Girl Size) along with a few other surprises.

It wasn't crowded when we were there..the seating is limited, there were probably 20 girls the day we were there. Most girls were accompanied by Moms. You can see into the Tea room from the lobby of GF and I noticed quite a few Dad's hanging out there - they could still see and take pictures.

Rose Petal tells stores, sings songs, teaches the girls to cursty and various other court manners. Tea is served, real tea for the parents, apple juice for the kids, along with finger sandwiches, I believe jelly if I remember for the kids and a selection of sandwiches/cheese & fruit for the parents. Desert is cake although my girls were way too excited by the arrival of Sleeping Beauty to eat much of it :)

Both Rose Petal and Sleeping Beauty spend time with each girl individually. They got a lot of time to talk, do autographs, take pictures, etc. I really wish they would have had a photopass photographer in the tea room - they don't so make sure to bring your camera! After there is a special picture taken by the photopass (girls are posed in their princess garb) and they get an adoption certificate for their new doll.

All in all I believe it took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish...the very last thing is a parade through the GF lobby.

I'd highly recommed it - it was completely worth the price to see the awe of my girls faces.

May I ask what your cost was for yourself and 2 girls? I will have a 6 and 3 year old. I know my 6 year old would enjoy it so much, but I would hate to leave my 3 year old out.

May I ask what your cost was for yourself and 2 girls? I will have a 6 and 3 year old. I know my 6 year old would enjoy it so much, but I would hate to leave my 3 year old out.

I just made reservations for myself and my 4 year old DD. The total with tax for the two of us was $291:) and it had to be paid in advance.
If you look on the Disney website you can see the available dates and pictures as well.

I just made reservations for myself and my 4 year old DD. The total with tax for the two of us was $291:) and it had to be paid in advance.
If you look on the Disney website you can see the available dates and pictures as well.

So you do also have to pay for the adult? I was wondering about that. Thank you!

I did this for DD & I, in 2008. I loved it and so did DD. great memories, I remember tearing up a few times because it was so special.

Since then DD and I return to the Garden View Tea Room for a mother daughter tea time almost every trip. We have one scheduled for our trip in June.

I highly recommend the perfectly princess tea party.

:)

It's awesome. One of the best experiences at WDW. My mother and I ate with my DDs on their 4th b-day trip. DH, my Dad, and DS went to the Grand Floridian Cafe :thumbsup2

The experience was more intimate than a lot of other experiences. All of the girls were made to feel special.

We did this in January. It was not quite full, not crowded... maybe 12 girls?? My dd just turned 5 and LOVED it!! As far as value I think its like all things at Disney, expensive. But they're experiences and like many of the other things we've done I'm glad we did it. I think its a great thing to do once. My dd felt very special and she loved her doll.

My biggest complaint is that they do not have a photopass photog during the tea party. Truthfully, I just don't understand why they don't.

You can see my pix and review here:
http://crowellgang.blogspot.com/2013/03/day-15-perfect-princess-day-good-news.html

We did this in January. It was not quite full, not crowded... maybe 12 girls?? My dd just turned 5 and LOVED it!! As far as value I think its like all things at Disney, expensive. But they're experiences and like many of the other things we've done I'm glad we did it. I think its a great thing to do once. My dd felt very special and she loved her doll.

My biggest complaint is that they do not have a photopass photog during the tea party. Truthfully, I just don't understand why they don't.

http://crowellgang.blogspot.com/2013/03/day-15-perfect-princess-day-good-news.html

Great review :)

ladeeesquire said:

Great reviews! Your DD is gorgeous! What a lovely family.

What time was your BBB appointment. I'm currently thinking about doing BBB one day and the tea party the next day. But getting it in on one day would be really neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter