Need "I'm broke but I love you" gift ideas

Personally, I am ready to just be DONE with gift giving all together. We area ll adults. We all work. We can all just buy the things we want. None of us really "need" anything. Comning up with ideas for gift giving is just harder & harder.

If you have adults that drink beer, my dd gets pipe cleaners, felt and makes reindeers. You wrap the pipe cleaner around the top for the antlers and add eyes. Her adult cousins and uncles love it.

SUPER CUTE! I have to remember this for next year. This would be a great "grab & go" holiday party gift for people.

Every few years we buy gifts for all if we have the budget for it, but usually I do treat boxes for the adults and just buy toys for my 3 little nephews and Visa gift cards for my 2 teen nephews. Our treat boxes are full of homemade cookies - snickerdoodles and gingersnaps always make the list and usually one other cookie. One year I made homemade marshmallows as well. Usually do candy also, either peanut brittle or pecan pralines. I make most our food from scratch and buy ingredients in bulk so I usually have everything on hand to make them. I buy the plastic 2 or 3 pack Christmas food tins at Walmart after Christmas for $0.50 to $1/pack and they get stored in our Christmas decorations totes in the attic til the next year.

Edited to add: I also take advantage of Bath & Bodyworks end of the year sale to buy candles, shower gel and small things like hand sanitizers to give as birthday gifts throughout the year. I hit other end of the year sales to stock up too but B&BW is my fave. I love having my "gift closet" bc I always have something to pull out on short notice or when short on funds.

OMG lmao I can totally picture a game of tag or hot potato going on with this person and re gifting gifts

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

yeah she got regifted stuff for her birthday from her own family and i know one of the target items was from a designer collection last year, so who knows how many people that went through. i now wonder where the candle i got her last year actually is.....:rotfl2:

another idea is if you have someone in the family that scrapbooks another suggestion is getting a cheap larger frame (like 8X10 and up) and removing the matting. create a scrapbook page type photo collage. i did this for a friend i was giving photos to once and it was a huge hit.

one thing we did in my family is we got together with extended family after christmas. we are all able to hit up the after xmas sales for gifts which cuts the budget down.

i like home baked goods. some people get so busy they don't have time to bake, so its nice when someone takes the time to do it for you. :goodvibes

what about a gift to get someone who re-gifts? the funny thing is this person got re-gifted birthday gifts from someone and was really not happy about it. :rotfl2: it's like im getting actually things from them, so i need an actual gift, but i feel really grinchy about buying them a gift.

Buy something you really like and hope it is regifted to you next year? :-)

Or if you're feeling crabby about it, get something personalized... An ornament or picture frame with her name on it, or make a photo book or something. I dont mind the occasional regifting, but It would be annoying to know your gifts were always given away!

Won't help this year but our family for many years did a FREE Christmas. It was so much fun.

All through the year you collect free things. Like buy one, get one free, or purchase a makeup set and get bag free. you get it.

The free stuff is out there. Just have to spend the time to look :goodvibes

Get a tub and throw the stuff in it. When Christmas comes next year you are all ready :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter