Need ideas: label bottles for daycare

Here is what I used for many years:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/943910/Avery-See-Thru-Color-Dots-Removable/?cm_cat=

They are inexpensive, and you can label them with initials and a date easily.

I would not use masking tape as it will peel off during the day.

Oooh! I like that idea too. However, I have to write a lot more than initials and date. I have to write first & last name, date, ounce, and breastmilk on it so I'm thinking all that might not fit or I'll have to write very small.

Maybe I'll take a trip to Office Depot tomorrow during lunch and see if they have something similar that will fit all that info & is easily removeable.

It only needs to be on there long enough for them to give it to him. I'll still put his initials on the bottle, cap, etc. in black marker.

Thanks!

I second something like this. Or, Post-It also makes removable labels that don't leave a residue. I use them in my classroom and they stick when you need them to stick and come off when you need them to.

Sounds like I should definitely take a trip to Office Max. I'm sure I'll find something there to use & I'm pretty sure they have masking tape too. :)

Whatever is cheap & easy!

Former daycare director here... we used masking tape to label bottles in our infant room. It was against state regs to use a microwave to warm up the bottles, so we used a crock pot. The masking tape rarely came off even if it got damp. It is a cheap and easy way to label them!

Former daycare director here... we used masking tape to label bottles in our infant room. It was against state regs to use a microwave to warm up the bottles, so we used a crock pot. The masking tape rarely came off even if it got damp. It is a cheap and easy way to label them!

We had the same experience at our center.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I like those things from inchbug, but the custom ones are pretty expensive and I would need to get 5 of them.

Labels from the computer was my thought too, but DH said it would be a pain to get them off everyday while washing the bottles, etc.

Thanks again!

Those inchbug labels are well worth the price. We got them when our daughter started daycare as an infant, and she's now 2 and well past using bottles, but we put them on her sippy cups for when we're at playdates and visiting family -- everyone seems to have the same sippy cups! They last forever and can be run through the dishwasher.

When she was still using bottles at daycare, we used the inchbug label for her name and masking tape labels for the date and other required information. We just kept a roll of tape and a sharpie with our bottle prep stuff. Very easy!

The new labeling system was the topic of conversation at daycare this morning. The teacher there said masking tape would probably be the easiest so I'll be running to Target to stock up on masking tape. :)

I may order a few of those inchbug things for home or when we go places.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

I wonder if that blue painters tape would come off more easily than masking tape...

When my son was in the CICU as a newborn, we used the provided labels and they were awful to get off. They were similar to mailing labels.

I use these from Babies R Us: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4059939

You can make them permanent by writing on them with a ball point pen and boiling them. Otherwise, you can write on them and the ink should wipe off. I don't know how easily they wipe off because I just needed a name so I made them permanent. DS is on formula so I don't send premixed bottles. Just bottles with the water and then pre-portioned formula.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter