Need ideas: label bottles for daycare

sunlover13

<font color=darkorchid>No Chef boyardee here!
Just rec'd an email from my son's daycare that says:

All bottles must be labeled with child's first and last name, date, ounces in bottle, and if it is formula or breast milk.

UGH!

Any idea how / what I should use to label these daily?

I was using black permanent marker when it was just his name. However, now that a date needs to be on there and ounces which will change, not sure what to use.

Any ideas?

My oldest was in daycare briefly and at the time, we used the plastic bag insert bottles. So her baggies were always labeled.

Rubbing alcohol will help remove permanent ink from plastic--so if you use a fine tip sharpie, you could change it daily. Labeling it with tape might also work.

get a label maker and just make it part of your routine to apply a new label to each in the mornings.

or get a few packs of labels and hand write them each morning and apply to bottles

Just print some small address labels on the printer with the info you need and stick it on the bottle. That way you can print sheets at a time.

Just print some small address labels on the printer with the info you need and stick it on the bottle. That way you can print sheets at a time.

That wass my thought. We had to label Dd' bottles of breastmilk when she was in the nicu and that was pretty much what we used.

I have no suggestions for the date and ounces and all that, but I have Bumpy name labels for my kids. If you exclusively use one or the other maybe you cuold get first and last name on one line and "breastmilk" or "formula" on the second line.

I agree, masking tape. It is easy to write on, inexpensive, doesn't leave a sticky residue, won't disintigrate when it gets wet, and peels right off.

First thought: Masking tape

That's how we label anything at school. Easy & inexpensive.

How about a luggage tag that you write the info on then put it around the neck of the bottle and then screw on the cap?

It takes all of ten minutes to print a sheet or two of plain old address labels. That's something that can be done while on the Dis. :thumbsup2

I agree with masking tape. The labels are easy to make, but probably won't remove as quickly and cleanly as masking tape.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I like those things from inchbug, but the custom ones are pretty expensive and I would need to get 5 of them.

Labels from the computer was my thought too, but DH said it would be a pain to get them off everyday while washing the bottles, etc.

So, I'm thinking I like the masking tape idea. Especially the easy peel off factor. :thumbsup2

Although, I don't want to have to write it out each morning so maybe if I get really bored at work, I'll print labels that can go on to of the masking tape.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter