Need ideas for travel gift bag for teens

oobidoo

Mouseketeer
We are leaving for WDW on Saturday and will have DD 17 and DD BFF 16 with us. I purchased some cute halloween tote/shopping bags at Target and want to stuff them with fun and inexpensive things for them to do, eat, etc. related to halloween or Disney. Here's what I have so far:

Disney Junior Encyclopedia...(cant remember the rest of the name, but it's the book with animated characters-great for ALL ages!)

Jewel-toned dry case to hold tickets, $$, keys, etc. (they can put these on their pin lanyards)

Various halloween candy

Peanuts halloween notebook

Mini Sharpie markers to hook on lanyard for autograph signing (multicolored)

...and that's all I've got. The bags are pretty good sized, so I want some more "fluff" to put in them. Any ideas?

Some may think they are too big for this kind of thing, but they are hard-cored Disney all the way so will really be excited. I am going to hang the bags on the backs of the seats so they will see them when they get in the car. We have a 10+ hour drive.

Don't forget snacks! Disney fruit snacks, Disney candy. Another idea would be rain ponchos from the Dollar Tree.

I brought my almost 16 yo cousin to DL last year and I got some stuff from Michaels (or other craft type store). She really liked the glow bracelets and necklaces and the fuzzy princess bookmarks that she colored on the plane.

Good luck!

Hair clips or cheap halloween jewelry they could wear? A disney hat. Disney pins for their lanyards, a memory card for their camera or cheap camera to use. What fun!

Good so far! Keep 'em coming!! I did remember that I had a whole bag of glow stuff in a cabinet, so I tossed that in.

Good so far! Keep 'em coming!! I did remember that I had a whole bag of glow stuff in a cabinet, so I tossed that in. :idea:

What about some travel size halloween scented body wash, lip balm, hand sanitizer from Bath and Body works? A disposable camera?

Deck of cards, disney uno, pj pants/boxers, disney tatoos, quarters/pennies for pressed penny machines if they are still into that.

Since we are leaving in just a couple of days, I really won't be able to get specialty books or things like that (did I mention we live in the middle of no and where?). Just looking for things that I could run to Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Dollar Store, etc. to pick up. My head is so full of stuff right now, I just can't think of more things! I do think the mini hand sanitizer with the strap to hang on a backpack would be good. Thanks for the ideas so far!

disney coloring book and crayons!!! it may seem like that is for young kids, but when my best friend and i went on our trip last year, we had a tangled coloring book and had so much fun with it on the plane! it also came with stickers, and i always put some on my shirt each day. did i mention we're both in our early/mid twenties? yeah, we still like to get in the disney spirit when we travel!

disney coloring book and crayons!!! it may seem like that is for young kids, but when my best friend and i went on our trip last year, we had a tangled coloring book and had so much fun with it on the plane! it also came with stickers, and i always put some on my shirt each day. did i mention we're both in our early/mid twenties? yeah, we still like to get in the disney spirit when we travel!

Same here! That's a great idea!!

We went in May, so these are not really Halloween themed.

My DD is 16.
How to draw (disney characters, fairies, etc/she really loves to draw)
Create your own vinylmation with the stickers and some pens to do it
Kingdom keepers book (it may seem a bit young but a disney-lover would like it.)
If they have a Nintendo DS there is an epic Mickey game
I also made up some "coupons" for her (using the DISign board) for henna tattoos, pick a pearl, a vinylmation of her choice,
I added some non-disney things also (eye sleeping mask, some inflatables for the pool, etc.

Also I did a welcome letter from Cruella DeVille (it was so funny!)
I made a Kali Girl card and a driver's license from test track.
If you post on the DISigns board, you will get a lot of help and there are many things that they will customize for you!

Hope this helps
Terri

my daughter's 15 and teens love snacks/junk food. Maybe a small bag of chips, popcorn (microwave for in the hotel or cheddar popcorn) or a snack. Another thing my daughter loves are different flavored drinks. Arizona's, flavored water's, starbuck's (if you allow your DD to have caffeine) it would be good for a long drive. Maybe some cinnamon rolls or a mourning snack like a granola bar if your leaving early. And even though you can't go to Bath and Body works in walmart or target they have a isle with travel size stuff maybe some hair products or shower gels from that isle. Girls love make up too...

Disney playing cards
Disney Uno
Disney Apples 2 Apples

Disney anything! :laughing: They usually have a decent selection at Target or WalMart. Walgreens has a TON of Disney Halloween stuff - you might need to go to more than one, though ... as selection seems to vary!

I'm a mean mom. My "gift" to my 16 year old, is getting to come with. ;)

And my 20 y/o has been SO anti-Disney the past few years, I made him tell me exactly why he suddenly has an interest in going next year. So far, his explanation seemed plausible.... but we'll ask again, as it gets closer. :rolleyes1

Go to Walgreens!! They have some very cute Disney Halloween items!! I got light up cups, light up necklaces, mickey ear bubbles, and lots of cute stuff for our trip in 2 weeks!!

I'd look on the craft boards I've seen very cute gifty things on there. When I took nieces I did a bunch of craft type items for there gift bags. Every morning I'd leave them out something new for them to wake up and find.

one idea is to wrap the things up, then on the long journey they can unwrap a new thing every 1/2 hr or so thus passing time and keeping the fun going longer.

These are some GREAT ideas! I'll be making the run early this afternoon, so now I'll have some more things to add to the list. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter