Need ideas for a last day lunch at MK or surrounding area

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
Okay,I finally have all our days planned out, and almost all the meals set.
Our last day will consist of checking out of WL and then finding something to do until 3:30 when we leave for the airport.

We've saved enough wishes from our silver plan for one last meal on this day, and a lunch makes most sense.

Right now I am sort of thinking about going back to MK, since it is a short boat ride there and back again to the WL. (Less worry about getting back in time to meet our driver)
So, of these MK restaurants
  • Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Crystal Palace
OR
  • Maybe a MK resort restaurant
which would you choose?

Note: We are already planning on a breakfast at Crystal Palce and one at Whispering Canyon Cafe earlier in the week.

If it were me, I would go to Cinderella's Royal Table and order the Major Domo's Pie. We've had kind of bad luck there with the food at dinner, but we really like going there for lunch.::MinnieMo

We always book a late breakfast seating at Chef Mickey's on our last day. We check out of our resort, have a great time, and are pleasantly full all the way until dinner time.

Personnally, I'd keep it simple.........Casey's Corner for the best hot dogs & fries around then across Main Street for some ice cream.

Can't beat the simple things in life! Have fun!!!:wave2: ::yes::

Definitely try the Kona Cafe on the second floor of the Polynesian. We had a great dinner there last year and will be going back again this year.

We really enjoyed the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary for lunch last week. Our favorite last meal is at Beaches and Cream.

We really enjoyed LTT for lunch. My roast beef sandwich and my mother's crabcakes were both delicious. Our steak fries were cooked to perfection. They also had wonderful sweet tea. My mother wants to make sure we go back in Nov.

We were the first family to check in for lunch reservations and we got to "open the restaurant" by ringing the colonial bell. My daughter got a certificate and some pixie dust.

We weren't expecting to have a great lunch but we were pleasantly surprised.

Lori

If I had to pick from the restaurants that you listed, I'd choose CRT. What a way to end a magical vacation than high atop the Magic Kingdom?:earsboy:

You've got some great choices. I would dine either at the Crystal Palace or Cindy's. Try and get an early PS, so that you can really relax and enjoy yourself. Plus, this will give you a little extra time in the park.

You may want to think about the Plaza Restaurant in MK. They have great sandwiches, milkshakes and sundaes!

Originally posted by mckryan
You may want to think about the Plaza Restaurant in MK. They have great sandwiches, milkshakes and sundaes!

I ditto this one. Excellent sandwiches (extremely large) and wonderful ice cream desserts and drinks.

Or LTT - I love the pot roast there for lunch. My husband gets the turkey dinner and our son gets the fryed cheese.

Definately CRT!!! What a way to end the trip. I have had lunch there on several occasions and have never been disappointed.

We've decided on the Castle ;-)

I do think that spending our last day in MK, and dining in the castle would be a perfect ending to our vacation.
And from the posts in this thread---you all think so as well.

Thanks Disers !!!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter