NEED IDEAS FOR 1st GRADE LUAU PARTY

Make sure those kabobs aren't too pointy--especially if you've got boys in the mix. lol

smoothies

make your own tissue paper leis

limbo (not hawaaiin, I know, but it is tropical)

Punch or juice with paper umbrellas. Make edible leis with Froot Loops. A dessert with pineapple. Of course, have everyone wear Hawaiian shirts, sun dresses, sandals, sunglasses. Play Beach Boys/surfer songs and teach them how to dance to them. A big sign that says "aloha first grade" that you can use as a backdrop for a class picture. Play pin the coconut on the palm tree. Have fun!!:beach:

We bought grass skirts at the dollar store for everyone. Also bought hula hoops and had hula hoop contest set to "surfer" music. Also bought leis at dollar store. Played toss the coconut in the sand, similar to tic tac toe but with different colored coconuts and a inflatable baby pool filled with sand.

We used tropical fish and sharks to spice up the decorations---all little boys love sharks!!!

A word of warning. I would not serve pineapple. Lots of people have severe reactions to pineapple and at 6 or 7 years old that allergy may not have been discovered by all families. My husband is a huge fan of the Stitch breakfast at the Polynesian, and I have seen more than one family learn of their child's allergy, nothing like telling someone to take their kid to the ER and not the MK.

For fun "junk" I would probably try the Oriental Trading Company. They have lots of Hawaiian stuff.

We had a luau birthday party last year when my DD turned 6. We had pizza for the main course...we had both Hawaiian (DD's favorite) and cheese for them to choose from. I also made fruit kabobs and took cheese cubes on toothpicks and stuck them all over a pineapple. We also made a punch drink that we found in my daughters Mermaid cookbook (you can find it at the library...there were tons of cute ideas in there for menu items as well).

We also bought a bunch of items pretty cheaply through Oriental Trading Company. We bought a grass skirt/lei for each girl and had fish plates, falmingo straws, etc. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter