Need ideas and help renting a 15 passenger van

marciagms

Mouseketeer
We are wanting to rent a 15 passenger van for our December trip. We would love to rent one way from Jackson, MS to Orlando and then Orlando to Jackson. We do not need to keep the van while we are at disney. Does anyone know of who rents one way 15 passenger vans?
thanks

Be aware of a few things:

Some companies that rent vans that size prohibit taking them over state lines, or will charge mileage if you do. Also, many regular private insurance policies do not cover them because the rollover risk is too high. They are very dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced, because they are top-heavy, and they also tend to understeer somewhat.

Most importantly from my POV for road trips, they ride like a sack of rocks because they have no suspension to speak of. No way would I voluntarily spend hours on the highway in one of those things if I had any alternative.

is anyone in the group used to driving that size of van? they do not drive like a minivan. depend on size of your group very little room behind last seat for luggage. getting to back seats is not that easy for adults, can not stand straight up. esp if you are charged mileage, leaving it sit for days at Disney could work to your advantage.

Be aware of a few things:

Some companies that rent vans that size prohibit taking them over state lines, or will charge mileage if you do. Also, many regular private insurance policies do not cover them because the rollover risk is too high. They are very dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced, because they are top-heavy, and they also tend to understeer somewhat.

Most importantly from my POV for road trips, they ride like a sack of rocks because they have no suspension to speak of. No way would I voluntarily spend hours on the highway in one of those things if I had any alternative.

Credit card coverage for rental cars generally exclude large vans.

I agree, the ride won't be pleasant. Your gas cost will be high.

I don't think a major agency will rent a 15 passenger van for a price the OP will consider reasonable, particularly if they have to pay $$$ for damage waiver and $$$ for extra drivers. One way rentals will be next to impossible and will cost more. In the unlikely event you can find two one way rentals you'll wind up paying a large one way drop charge and probably wind up paying for mileage. You might get a couple of hundred miles per day included. Keeping the van for your entire trip will reduce your mileage charges.

Alamo rents 15 passenger vans in some locations. Give them a call.

I used Google. It won't help you but will give you an idea as to cost. Carl's rents 15 passenger vans in Florida. The cost for a one week rental, with one extra driver and CDW is around $2200 for a week. You'll pay more if you want glass waiver, loss of use coverage etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter