Need ideals where to stay on and off property?

Tiggerlovinggrandma

Mouseketeer
This year we will have DD, DGS, DD's boyfriend, adult niece, my husband and me all traveling together to WDW. We would like to share a place together so we need something with seperate rooms and possibly a pull out. Our budget isn't huge. What are our options on and off property? Opinions and prices would be extremely helpful too. :banana:

We just in December stayed at the Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. Found a 'can't be beat' deal on travelzoo for $75 per night for a 2 bedroom. They include a full hot breakfast (eggs, waffles, sausage, cereals, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt) - so with the size of your party you would be saving a ton if you are breakfast eaters on this alone.

We had a 2 bedroom suite - with 2 doubles and a bath in one of the bedrooms and a king and a bath in a 2nd bedroom. Not sure if anyone is planning on sharing beds - so maybe is an option for you - or not. Also has a living room area and a kitchen. Location can't be beat!

Windsor Hills. We stay in a 3 bedroom with pull out couch. They usually have 1 king bedroom, 1 queen bedroom, and a 2 twin bedroom. You get full kitchen, 2 or 3 bathrooms, washer and dryer, and if you choose the townhouse you get a splash pool. Depending on the time of year, you can get some good deals.

My parent used to own a timeshare just odd property on 192 - high point world resort. Most of the units are 2 bedrooms 1 king, 1 with 2 twins, and a pull out couch in the living room. Each bedroom had a full bath and ther was a third full bath downstairs for the pull out sleepers. I think they rent pretty cheap and you'd get a full kitchen, screened porch plus theres a pool and hot tub, laundry room and small game room.

For rentals, vrbo.com is a great place to start, and Windsor Hills is very close to Disney. We will be staying in one of the houses from Storytime Vacation Rentals. We will have a villa with 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a pool with heat, full kitchen and laundry. Close to 3,000 SF. Currently, we had DH and I, our 3 daughters, MIL & FIL and BIL going. My parents may join as well. We could have gotten a smaller house that was 3 bedrooms and have BIL sleep on the couch, but we really liked the themed rooms. Anyway, our total cost, after taxes, cleaning and pool heat is $270 a night. We are also going during Spring Break, our dates are High Season, which is slightly cheaper than Holiday, but still more expensive.

Have you talked with Disney Reservations just to see what kind of price they will quote you? The problem with staying off property is that you still have to get to the parks and then pay to park each day you go and now it's $14 per day. Plus your gas money. I don't know what special deals they are having right now but they have been having some % off room only and other things like the kids stay/play free.

Have you thought about renting through a dvc member? We got a great rate on a 2br by renting points. Check out the rent trade board and point charts and maybe you will find an ok price.

Our cost for the house for our stay is $1650, which includes everything. Our cost to stay at the cheapest resort, needing 3 rooms because BIL will not stay in the same room as FIL is $2445. Not including tax, won't get internet or a mini-fridge in any room. Our house rental also includes a crib and high chair. Plus everyone gets their own room. The house to MK is about 8 miles, the house to AK is 3 miles, and since we will have our own transportation, we are not at the mercy of Disney busses and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter