Need idea for Christmas trip and spending $$

WisconsinDisneyGirl

DIS Veteran
My parents are taking us to WDW for our Christmas gift. We are going Dec. 5-12. My parents don't want to tell the kids. I would like to give the kids some spending $$ (they are 9 and 3) but also want them to have a few gifts to open on Christmas day. I don't want to blow my budget. What should I do? I want them to know that part of their Christmas gift from us is the spending money and they may get one gift to open on Christmas. Also, we do one gift from Santa. Maybe we should just count the spending $$ from us and one Santa gift at Christmas???

I really like the cute Disney Dollars! We did those in the past - you can get them from the Disney Store (or at least you used to).

I like the idea of not so many gifts - we used to do so many, and my in-laws always gave my kids way too much crap also. I have been trying to scale it down over the last couple of years. The trip sounds like a wonderful gift to you all!

Personally, I would try to keep the kids' spending money for WDW and their Christmas presents separate since you're going to WDW before Christmas (and not AT Christmas) and since the kids are young. Give them an amount of spending money that you can afford.

Personally, I'm giving my kids (7 and 4) $75 each for our trip next week. But I think you could get away with giving less... even $50 each is pretty generous, if it's just for toys/t-shirts/extras and isn't expected to cover snacks.

Instead of saying "this money is part of your Christmas gift", I'd just spend less money on their Christmas gifts and give them the money.

BTW, we went the first week of Dec. two years ago and it was a lovely time to go... all of the Christmas decorations were up and the Christmas music was playing everywhere. Try to have all of your Christmas shopping and wrapping done before you leave home to give yourself an edge up on Christmas preparations.

Enjoy your trip!

EthansMom-

Great idea about the spending $$ and just give less gifts at Christmas. My mom is going to get them something at WDW and a few little gifts to open. Maybe I will find some gifts to wrap at WDW for the kids and have them shipped back home (I am thinking the Lego store will have alot of nice sets for my DH- Lego crazy kid!)

We buy at Disney and slip it home. (I havent bought anything big enough to ship yet, but I am sure that time is coming soon. LOL!)

DD likes the books she finds there and some games. She is getting Operation Stitch for her Birthday next month.

Spending $$ at Disney. Tinkerbell got even smarter this year (I like her, she is a smart gal!) She found some tinkerbell easter eggs for $.10 last year on clearance. She put money each night in an egg for DD with a few trinkets. So DD had $ to spend each day. She saved it up and bought something larger in the end but Tink left her either $5 or $10 each night. Some of it was Disney dollars I had earned from Sunshine rewards, some was cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter