• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need hotel!!! Help!

Disneymoon0909

Mouseketeer
Hello again Dis'ers :)

My husband and I are on the Panama Canal crossing on January 6th and we arrive at the port in LA on January 21st. We are hoping to stay 3 or 4 nights as close to Disneyland as possible. Being that we are DVC members we hoped we could stay on points but it isn't possible as there is no availability within our points range. Can anyone name a few hotels that are within walking distance of the parks? Our price range is obviously as little as possible but for a starting off point we are looking for no more than $100/night. I have never been to California and know nothing about the area. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Holly

Look at the Howard Johnson, Fairfield Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn, Anaheim Desert Inn, and Park Vue Inn...all within walking distance.

Have fun!!!

I'd check a map. Anything east of the parks on Harbor is easy walking. Some people will go a block further but there more people rely on shuttles.

This map should help:

mouseplanet.com/dtp/maps/dl_area/dl_walking_distance_map (I'm too new to add a link, so put the 'www' in when you copy & paste).

It includes most hotels that are considered within walking distance of DL.

The blocks are quite long around DL -- walking from Candy Cane Inn to the front entrance takes about 10 minutes for the average adult.

I looked into the hotels and it looks like the Anaheim Desert Inn has the best price and location. Have you stayed there? Any idea of what it's like?

A common low point of this hotel is the indoor pool. Maybe more of a blessing during your winter trip. Parking can be and issue but it looks like you are going carless.

Keep in mind that just a minute further from the ADIS are 7 other hotels options. Literally just a minute. There hotels are almost as close to the gates of DL and DCA as the Disney buses to MK are from the MKs gates.

Here's another "link" that might help:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g29092-Anaheim_California-Hotels.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter