Need hotel help for Minneapolis/St. Paul

brmom

Mouseketeer
We are going to a wedding in June. We can only get the hotel near the wedding venue for one night. Wedding is in Shoreview, Reception at Brooklyn Center. How long will it take to get from a hotel near the airport/Mall of America to this area if we choose to stay in that area? It does not look that far on a map but I am imagining that traffic has to come into play. I think we will probably rent a car.

Also, any recommendations for hotels (besides the embassy suites at Brooklyn Center) in the area that are safe and not 200 dollars a night?

Depending on where the wedding is in Shoreview, it will take around a half hour from the MoA to Shoreview. Of course, traffic makes a big difference, as does construction. This summer, 35E starts a major construction project, so avoid that if you can. As to hotels, I've never stayed at them, but I've heard the Radisson near MoA is very nice.

I think a 30 minute estimate is pretty low. The 694 and Highway 10 area which is on the edge of Shorview is under construction and a horrible mess right now. I would personally tell you to avoid staying in the Brooklyn Center area. It can be good and can be bad.

There is a Hampton Inn in the Shoreview area that is right off the freeway exit. There is a Red Robin right across the parking lot and a ton of restaurants and shopping on the other side of the freeway. Their website showed rooms starting at $85.

Hope this helps!

spacemountainmom said:
I think a 30 minute estimate is pretty low. The 694 and Highway 10 area which is on the edge of Shorview is under construction and a horrible mess right now. I would personally tell you to avoid staying in the Brooklyn Center area. It can be good and can be bad.

There is a Hampton Inn in the Shoreview area that is right off the freeway exit. There is a Red Robin right across the parking lot and a ton of restaurants and shopping on the other side of the freeway. Their website showed rooms starting at $85.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that looks like an excellent location. :-)

I hope it works out for you. My cousin stayed there a few years back for a basketball tournament her son was playing in near the area. I think there might be a Green Mill Pizza right in the hotel as well. I can't remember for sure.

I would personally allow 45 minutes to get between Shoreview and the MOA. It's quite a distance, with traffic being unpredictable at best.

If I were picking, I'd search for a hotel midway between the two places. Look off 694 near University or Highway 65 or even Silver Lake Road. There's bound to be something there.

The Livinn in Fridley is pretty nice....with lots of places to eat close by.

This would be about 10 minutes to each of the locations you mention.

Hope this helps!

As I live in the east metro, I rarely go that way. Thanks for the info about the 694 construction.

The Fridley Liveinn goes up to 200+ on Friday night which is fairly consistent several,of the hotels in that area. Is the Target center a baseball stadium or a concert venue. could that be causing it?

brmom said:
The Fridley Liveinn goes up to 200+ on Friday night which is fairly consistent several,of the hotels in that area. Is the Target center a baseball stadium or a concert venue. could that be causing it?

Minnesota Lynx are playing. I love Seimone Augustus but Wow!

Hope this helps!

I would do this or there is also a few places in Roseville/White Bear Lake. MOA would be a long drive. 35E will be a mess come summer..

As I live in the east metro, I rarely go that way. Thanks for the info about the 694 construction.

East Metro here, too! :wave2: neighbor

All of my out of town guests stay at the Westin Edina. It may look far on a map but really 25-45 minutes.

You cannot go wrong with Westin!

I would do this or there is also a few places in Roseville/White Bear Lake. MOA would be a long drive. 35E will be a mess come summer..

East Metro here, too! :wave2: neighbor
Hi there! Tell me about 35E:rolleyes2 I live right off it, and I have to drive through downtown every day to get to work. I can't imagine what it is going to be like come late spring. And it is a 3 year project. Last year with the Maryland Ave bridge reconstruction it was horrible. I can't imagine what we're in for.

Hi there! Tell me about 35E:rolleyes2 I live right off it, and I have to drive through downtown every day to get to work. I can't imagine what it is going to be like come late spring. And it is a 3 year project. Last year with the Maryland Ave bridge reconstruction it was horrible. I can't imagine what we're in for.

Yeah, I am not too far off of it, either. And work downtown. It's going to be a huge mess!! Between that, the light rail, and other misc. stuff - it's gonna be very aggravating to drive anywhere near downtown for a LONG while...

Actually, I am East Metro myself! However, dh works out in the Plymouth/Maple Grove area so I hear all about it. I actually drove out that way on Wednesday to get our taxes done so it was pretty fresh in my mind.

Thank goodness that my commute is .7 miles and there is no construction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter