Need honest opinion about Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista

2DisneyIgo

Earning My Ears
I have a trip planned for July for 2 adults & 1 6-year old for 16 days. Originally I was going to stay at Pop Century for the 16 days but it is just too costly.

I am planning on changing my reservation to 6 days at Pop Century and stay offsite for the other 10 days. Since I don't drive I need a hotel that is close to Disney that has free transportation. I have been searching the web for days and finally came across the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista. The price I can get per night with the Magic Card is $49.00. I also get 15% off at their restaurant with the Magic Card. I probably won't be eating there, but on a lazy day it's good.

My question is concerning this hotel. Since the price is that low, I am a little leery about staying there. Has anyone been there recently that can give me an honest opinion?

I don't expect much, but a clean room, a clean and pretty comfortable bed, clean towels and a nice pool for my nephew to spend some time swimming since he loves the water. Noise from a highway or noise from kids having a good time doesn't bother me at all since I live in New York City and that's a normal part of the day living in a city. There are sounds 24 hours a day.

There is the added benefit of the free continental breakfast, but whatever it is, it's free. If we want to donut or something as a snack that's great, because we usually eat cereal and will eat it in the room and I love that morning coffee.

There is also the added benefit of the microwave and mini fridge which is a big plus since I had planned on paying for a fridge at Pop Century for the 16 days, so right there I will be saving some money.

I really need to know if this place is clean and not too run down. I don't want my nephew getting cut on some cracked tiles in the bathroom or something like that. We will be at the parks most of the time since we have 10 day MYW tickets with the waterpark and more option.

I know that hotel shuttles aren't good, but Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista has a schedule on their website and it shows 5 times for buses going to Magic Kingdom and 5 coming back from there. There is 1 bus going back after 12:00 midnight, so there is enough time to see the fireworks.

They go to all the parks, but they don't have too many times for the other parks, going and coming. They also provide free transportation to SeaWorld and Universal.

One other plus, during my searching the web I found that a cab from Epot to 8442 Palm Parkway (Comfort Inn) is about $12.00) which isn't bad if I can't make it back on 1 of their buses. I will just have to get myself to Epcot, no matter what park I am in on a night that we are staying late for the fireworks.

I would also like to know if there are any restaurants within walking distance since I don't drive? There are so many little things that are convincing me to book it, especially budget-wise, but I am not sure about the quality of this place.

I would really love to stay at Pop for the 16 days, but staying at the Comfort Inn I am saving approximately $400 for the hotel alone, and that is with the AAA rate of $93.70 (including tax) for Pop and the Magic Card rate of $53.46 (including tax) for Comfort Inn.

Any info will help me decide what to do. Staying offsite will cut down my expenses and I rather use the money on eating out at nicer restaurant occasionally and buying my nephew his Disney toys and doing things that are fun.

Sorry to be so longwinded.

Thank you.

I've never stayed there myself and I've often wondered about it as well. I do know there are restaurants within walking distance. I'll be interested in the replies you get.

Donna

I stayed there last December. It was a nice hotel, clean and basic. You'll find it gets a lot of favorable comments on this board. If you don't want to hear highway noise, ask for a room that faces the parking lot.

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn at LBV last Wednesday night and will be staying there again Monday and Tuesday night this week. I thought it was your basic hotel. Nothing fancy, but clean and my kids loved the pool. We did have a I-4 facing room and at first I was nervous that it would be too noisy, but to be honest, it really wasn't too bad. The noise from the air conditioner covered the outside noise and we all slept really well.

It has laundry facilities on the 3rd floor where two buildings connect. We stayed in building #1. We did not try the continental breakfast- my kids were too excited to get on the road to Ft. Myers to see my sister. We got our rates on hotels.com. I believe I paid $56/night and with surcharges/taxes the total was around $62.

I wouldn't think twice about recommending this to someone looking for a cheap, basic hotel.

I will be staying there in August but many people have posted that this place is decent. I know the area and there is many places to walk to to eat. hooters, olive garden, some pizza place where you get all the pizza you want for something like $4 or 5. There is also a mc'd, taco bell, pizza hut, I think there was a jungle gyms.

Thanks for all the info! We just booked our first night off property there for $49 wih the Orlando Magicard. We were wondering if it was clean and hesitant to book until I saw my fellow diser's postive reviews! We will not get in from Texas until about 9 p.m. and leaving the next morning about 6 to get to early open for expedition everst so this is perfect! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It is very basic, but it is clean and decent. The security is good. The transportation to WDW runs, but usually only goes to one park--they tell you to use WDW transportation from there.

Do you know that the All Stars are showing up on Priceline bidding these days? Check out biddingfortravel.com If you are happy with the other hotels in the category (are willing to "risk" getting one of them), there are reports of the all stars going for $37 per night! The only downside to Priceline is that you might end up at one of the off property hotels. The web site gives you links to reviews of the various hotels in the various categories...so you can see what you think before you bid.

We stayed there 2 nights before and 2 nights after our WDW trip in 2003. The first 2 nights we were on the back side of the hotel where it was very quiet, but the room wasn't exactly clean. The last 2 nights we where put in ground floor unit right in front of the shuttle bus pick up/ drop off spot, lots of noise all night and again the room wasn't clean. Personally, I will never stay there again, even if it was $10 a night. I hope it has changed since 2003, but I doubt it. My biggest complaint was the dead bugs everywhere, in the shower and on the walls.

I don't mean to sound so negative, but if you really want an honest opinion, I would pick another hotel. I don't think there is anything else that cheap, but there is a reason for that in my opinion.

I stayed there during spring break for $39.00 - it was a special I got on Travelzoo. The rooms were bigger than disney hotels - the bed was comfortable. Not a resort or dream hotel but more than adequate. I have stayed in some dumps in Orlando - this is not one of them. The room was clean enough, the pool was clean as well. The breakfast was like all comfort Inns - good waffles and stale cereal but you can always find something to eat. I remember they had peanut butter and bread so we made toast. Disney makes you buy everything - no free breakfast there. We always bring beef jerky and cheese crackers to help us through the parks.

I am guessing that they take you to the transportation ticket center and then you take a disney bus or monorail from there. ( I did this with the Radisson once - never again) you will probably stop at other hotels as well - that takes a while. It won't be too bad except for the MK fireworks - everyone is trying to get back to the hotel at the same time! So you could stand and wait on the bus and not fit on it when it arrives - so get there early. You get on a disney bus with lots of people then you get on a hotel bus with lots of people and then you have to stop at all the hotels........when you stay on property you go straight to the hotel from magic kingdom.
The restaurants are near there but they are quite a walk - but if you wait until around twilight the walk won't be bad. Also there is always pizza delivery!
I am curious - let us know what you decide!

2DisneyIgo said:
One other plus, during my searching the web I found that a cab from Epot to 8442 Palm Parkway (Comfort Inn) is about $12.00) which isn't bad if I can't make it back on 1 of their buses. I will just have to get myself to Epcot, no matter what park I am in on a night that we are staying late for the fireworks.
If you take the Disney transportation to Downtown Disney your cab will be much cheaper ~ just a thought.
2DisneyIgo said:
I would also like to know if there are any restaurants within walking distance since I don't drive?
We walked to Denny's from there and it took about 10-15 minutes. McDonald's, Olive Garden, Bennigan's, Hooters are all within 20 minutes walking distance. The other direction there is Tony Roma's and Walgreen's (a great drug store!)

Teresa :goodvibes

We were there in Feb- it is a decent hotel, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Yes, we were on the back side toward the highway, but as another poster already stated- the sound of the a/c drowned out any outside noise. We did have the continental breakfast in the morning - i might pay for the regular breakfast next time for a larger variety of choices.
You will find that this is a pleasant place to stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter