Need honest feedback on Pop!

reenie1

Mouseketeer
We are considering staying at Pop this winter with the free dining. We go to Disney every year, but almost always stay offsite. This year, with the free dining, it is actually looking better for our budget to stay at a Value resort.

I have only stayed at one Value - All Star Movies. It was probably about 7 years ago, and the room was very musty/mildewy smelling. I am not a hotel snob by any means, but the smell bothered me so much that it did somewhat affect my vacation. (We couldn't move rooms because we were with a group that had rooms together and it was Easter week, so we decided to suck it up and stay together). The room next to ours smelled too, but not nearly as bad.

Also, the bus service took a very long time! We have rented a car ever since that stay, even when staying on property. How is the bus service at Pop?

Have people heard of these things being a problem at Pop? Any other things I should be concerned about? It looks like a fun hotel, and we'll really be just sleeping there, so I don't need anything fancy. Thanks for any feedback!

The rooms at POP are fine. We love the theming of the entire resort. The pools, food court, and gift shop are also very adequate. My only complaint is the bus service. Stops are way at the end for every park and the bus stop waiting area on the resort is just not a fun place. It always seems that we feel more tired when staying at POP due to distances to walk to busses and wait issues for busses. If you rent a car you can avoid the bus issues and will most likely have a wonderful stay. Happy planning.

Don't forget that POP underwent a refurb this year (not sure if all the rooms or just some). Check out the "The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter" for all the information you need.

I found that everything on POP property is very close to the main building. We were in the furthest building and it was about 4-5 minute walk to the main building/bus stop.

We also found the buses to be very efficient (although sometimes very full).

Pop was just refurbed so everything is new in the rooms. We stayed there end of Aug and had 2 refurbed rooms and they were great! Have stayed at POP 4 times now and the food court and bus service are always excellent. We were in building 5, 2 preferred rooms, facing the trees and though I know it wasnt nearly as noisy as it would have been facing the pool, we still had a few occasions of hearing yelling kids late at night and early in the room and woke our 2 year old a couple times. We love the resort but unfortunately did a split stay with Kidani Village/1 bedroom and once we moved over there we never heard another soul while in our room so my DH doesnt really want to stay at POP next year because of the noise now that he's experienced something else LOL.

But it is a fun, nice resort - I would just request facing the lake if quiet is important to you.

Don't forget that POP underwent a refurb this year (not sure if all the rooms or just some). Check out the "The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter" for all the information you need.

I found that everything on POP property is very close to the main building. We were in the furthest building and it was about 4-5 minute walk to the main building/bus stop.

We also found the buses to be very efficient (although sometimes very full).

I agree with this poster. The refurbished rooms are more than adequate. The pools are very good and normally not overcrowded. The buses move guests around very efficiently.

I recommend it to you.

Thank you for all the replies! It sounds like Pop will work out great for us - I'm so excited to check it out! I didn't even realize it had been refurbished, so that's a nice surprise.

DH and I have stayed at POP 3 times in the last 5 years. We love it. Never had any issue with the rooms. In Sept '11 we will go back for our 4th trip. We like the convenience of having a car, so we always rent one.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We're fans of mods & deluxes now but we'll still stay at POP for a night at the beginning of our stay. We never have any problems! You'll like it :thumbsup2:.

I've stayed at POP 3 times since '04(and if the airfare gods are good to me, hopefully very soon:)) Each time has been great! The busses are timely, the food court is efficient and the pools are fun. I've been there for spring break, the 1st week in October and the week after Thanksgiving and have had great experiences. The only reason I'm thinking of changing is that my DS's(5&3) are getting bigger(Can't wait for the Art of Animation Inn!!)

I was there in Sept. The rooms looked great! (I had a refurbished one.) My room faced the parking lot but it was very quiet--no noise at all. And I wasn't in it except to sleep so it didn't matter. This was my first stay in a value and I wasn't sure how I would like it, but it was fine.

We have stayed at Pop twice and both times it was great!! I actually love the Everything Pop and missed it when we were at POFQ last month. My only gripe about Pop is the bus service leaving the parks. The busses themselves are great and plentiful, however the bus stops are always very far away from the park exit.
Maybe I am just crazy or lazy, but I HATE the long walk to the bus stop at the end of my day. If that doesn't matter to you, then Pop is AWESOME!!
Have fun!
Tish

My DD and I have stayed at the POP almost 10 times since it opened in 2003 and every time it has been more than awesome. We love the location (right across from DHS and Epcot) not to mention the theming, foodcourt, pools and the bus service has always been tops! I can't wait to see the refurbed rooms as I got to see the rooms at ASM 2 years ago and was more than impressed, and let me tell you they needed it!
I think you will really enjoy the POP and its atmosphere!
Have Fun!
:banana::banana:

Just returned from our 7th time at POP in 3 years. Our room 5112 was a refurbished one. It smelled like new carpet:rotfl:
Last year we had 2 rooms 5166 and 5167 and both had a smell. We called to complain and we had 2 air purify machines brought in for free. Helped alot! The busses are ok. This time we waited once for about 20 min to DTD otherwise the wait was less than 5 min or the bus was waiting for us! Maybe we were just lucky this time! The bus stops at the parks are very far from the entrance but...our only complaint.
Enjoy your trip!

We've stayed at Pop many times and agree that Pop is awesome .. and with the newly refurbished rooms, it'll be even better. We definitely love their food court selections (something for everybody) and have always gotten the room location we've requested. :thumbsup2

We stayed at Pop this past August and loved it. Will definetely be staying there again our next trip. The room was adequate for us. We loved the Everything Pop food court, always lots to choose from even for my picky sons. Only one time during our week stay did we wait a long time for a bus, that was one afternoon coming back from MK.
We had a room in the 60's building facing the kiddie pool and while we could hear people in the pool at night it was not so bad and we were so tired it did'nt make much difference. The staff was very friendly and mousekeeping was great.
Our only real complaint is the same as some other posters, the distance to the Pop bus stops at the parks. Especially at MK. That's a small complaint though and I guess stems from being the newest resort.

When we have to stay value (either because its a budget trip or we bring extra people with us) we always stay at POP. Our next trip will be our 3rd stay at POP. We have always loved it:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter