Need Hollywood Hotel HELP!!!

wdwfanatic

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for a nice, safe, clean hotel in Hollywood by the walk of fame, graumans, etc. Also, it needs to be $200 or less. Thanks!

The Renaissance at the Hollywood and Highland center is very nice and totally in the center of everything you mention. The rate with a AAA discount is about $209.

bellelinus said:
The Renaissance at the Hollywood and Highland center is very nice and totally in the center of everything you mention. The rate with a AAA discount is about $209.

This was what I was going to recommend but I wasn't sure of the price. It's a nice hotel and right in the heart of Hollywood.

Another place to check would be the Roosevelt Hotel - again, I'm not sure of the price but you could look it up.

is very nice, too. And you get the added bonus of the opportunity to enjoy an evening at the elite Magic Castle, a private magician's club. We really enjoyed it. There is underground, secure parking, and it is about two blocks from Hollywood Blvd, on the "nice" side...not down towards Sunset.

Here's another vote for the Renaissance hotel. Another bonus is it's close walking distance to the Disney Soda Fountain and Store, which is next door to Disney's El Capitan theatre.

Woody

woody73 said:
Here's another vote for the Renaissance hotel. Another bonus is it's close walking distance to the Disney Soda Fountain and Store, which is next door to Disney's El Capitan theatre.

Woody

We were just there last night to see Pirates of the Caribbean - I love that theater!

Rena75 said:
We were just there last night to see Pirates of the Caribbean - I love that theater!

Lucky you! Yes, it's a lovely theatre. We have seen many premieres there. I especially like it when they have the stage shows or exhibits.

I highly recommend the Disney Soda Fountain. The ice cream is wonderful. The last time we were there, we asked a cast member who makes the ice cream. She said it was from a small producer that delivers it every day or two.

Woody

woody73 said:
Lucky you! Yes, it's a lovely theatre. We have seen many premieres there. I especially like it when they have the stage shows or exhibits.

I highly recommend the Disney Soda Fountain. The ice cream is wonderful. The last time we were there, we asked a cast member who makes the ice cream. She said it was from a small producer that delivers it every day or two.

Woody

Yes, it's a beautiful theater. We go to see a lot of the Disney movies there. Even though my daughter is 21, she still likes going there (thank goodness)!

They had a Pirates exhibit now with the showing of the movie. Lots of things from the movie like costumes and props.

We've eaten lunch at the Soda Fountain but since I can't eat ice cream, I've never had that there. I've heard that it was good!

We just stayed at the Hollywood Orchid Suites. It is located behind the Chinese Theater. It is not at all fancy, but clean and safe. They have a gated garage parking lot. It used to be an apartment building so the suites are huge with lots of closet space and a kitchen. We had a one bedroom for $109/night. We thought this was a great bargain. I found out about the place in a guidebook and researched it on TripAdvisor. It was a very easy walk to everything including the subway station we used to go to Universal one stop away.

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Hollywood Hills Hotel? It looks pretty nice, but I would love some reviews!

barbarabee said:
is very nice, too. And you get the added bonus of the opportunity to enjoy an evening at the elite Magic Castle, a private magician's club. We really enjoyed it. There is underground, secure parking, and it is about two blocks from Hollywood Blvd, on the "nice" side...not down towards Sunset.

I could just about kiss you barbarabee. :thumbsup2 My DS loves magic and I have been looking for a way to get him into the Magic Castle for his birthday next month. I am off to check if the brunch option is available with a stay at the Magic Castle Hotel.

wdwfanatic said:
Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Hollywood Hills Hotel? It looks pretty nice, but I would love some reviews!

Friends who've stayed there have nothing but great thigns to say. The 101 cafe in the lobby is a great spot. Good chances of a minor celeb sighting as well.

If it's the Best Western on Franklin, I would not recommend it as a place to stay if you're planning to walk to the Walk of Fame, the subway, etc. While it's an "okay" walk during the day, it is a very nervous walk after dark. It is also quite trafficky in the area if you have kids with you.

If budget doesn't allow for the Renaissance or the Roosevelt, (or the Universal Hilton or Sheraton just a quick subway ride from Hollywood) I would consider any of the following before the Best Western on Franklin.

First choice would be the Magic Hotel.
Second would be the Orchid Suites but not in their older/ regular rooms...only in their one or two bedroom renovated "suites"(more like apts actually).

Third choice would probably be Comfort Suites on Highland, Holiday Inn on Highland, or Days Inn on Sunset Boulevard. All of these would require a walk of a long block-and-a-half up or down to Hollywood and Highland, but it is a much more pleasant walk then from the Best Western on Franklin.

Last choices but still acceptable would be the other Best Western (on Highland)....or HotelCelebrity.com, just know that these are budget choices and don't expect the Ritz. These hotels are considered generally quite safe and clean but lacking in amenities.

For ANY Hollywood hotels, you should look at pictures of the area, be prepared for lots of crowds including groups of rocker teens at times.......and know before you go that this is Hollywood U.S.A, this ain't Mayberry RFD or Beverly Hills 90210! .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter