Need help wrapping a couple gifts.

maslex

DIS Veteran
My youngest son's gifts this year all relate to "camping". I ordered everything online and now there are a couple things that seem impossible to wrap (aside from getting a gift bag big enough)

One is a camping chair that came with the storage sleeve that you slip on the chair once you fold it back up. Obviously, it didn't come in a box and I'd like to wrap it instead of just throwing it in a bag. If I have to, that's what I'll do but I prefer wrapping gifts instead of using bags.

The other one is a grill grate that you put on top of the campfire. It's pretty heavy & sturdy. This also did not come in a box or have any kind of cardboard covering. It's pretty heavy too. It's 2ft x 1.5 feet. Not sure if I can find a bag big enough for this either.

I MIGHT be able to wrap up the chair with wrapping paper, but not the grill grate. It'll rip right through the paper very easily.

Any suggestions?

How about disposable Christmas tablecloth from Dollar Tree?

I have a couple of very large bags I've used for large or bulky gifts for 20 yrs or more.....YES gifts has been carefully opened at my house.

Yes I think you could wrap the chair burrito style with paper. For the grill top what about using something related to camping that he could also use like a tarp! To wrap it.

For the chair, can you get a large mailing tube or a piece of pvc pipe in the right diameter and put it inside that? Then either wrap paper around the tube, or just use stickers, etc to decorate it?

How about disposable Christmas tablecloth from Dollar Tree?

I have a couple of very large bags I've used for large or bulky gifts for 20 yrs or more.....YES gifts has been carefully opened at my house.

Yes I think you could wrap the chair burrito style with paper. For the grill top what about using something related to camping that he could also use like a tarp! To wrap it.

For the chair, can you get a large mailing tube or a piece of pvc pipe in the right diameter and put it inside that? Then either wrap paper around the tube, or just use stickers, etc to decorate it?

All good ideas. Will have to double check Walmart today to see what I can get. I remember a few years back they use to have the huge gift bags for bikes. I was planning on picking up a couple of those but can't find them anymore. Have you seen them?

All good ideas. Will have to double check Walmart today to see what I can get. I remember a few years back they use to have the huge gift bags for bikes. I was planning on picking up a couple of those but can't find them anymore. Have you seen them?

I was rushing through CVS yesterday and I think I saw some big bags there -- one was actually made out of santa fabric.

I was rushing through CVS yesterday and I think I saw some big bags there -- one was actually made out of santa fabric.

Ohh, great idea.. I saw a giant stocking at cvs last week. Defintely big enough for the chair and the stocking was $9,.00, or was it $19.99?

I really like the tarp idea, and a store like Menards would have green tarps in a variety of sizes. I would pick up on that is bigger than his tent, as most campers put a tarp underneath their tents, to help keep moisture out of the tents from morning dew.

Another option would be to pick up a yard or a 1.5 yards if fleece at joann fabrics ( usually with a coupon, the fleece isn't all that expensive). And get a festive color, tie it up with a ribbon, and you are done!

We actually bought DD a shovel, and wrapped it up. If you've seen the LL Bean commercials, that is the style of wrapping we did. I wonder I how long before DD figures out it is a shovel:rotfl:

I really like the tarp idea, and a store like Menards would have green tarps in a variety of sizes. I would pick up on that is bigger than his tent, as most campers put a tarp underneath their tents, to help keep moisture out of the tents from morning dew.

Another option would be to pick up a yard or a 1.5 yards if fleece at joann fabrics ( usually with a coupon, the fleece isn't all that expensive). And get a festive color, tie it up with a ribbon, and you are done!

We actually bought DD a shovel, and wrapped it up. If you've seen the LL Bean commercials, that is the style of wrapping we did. I wonder I how long before DD figures out it is a shovel:rotfl:

Hancock Fabrics had fleece for $2.99/yard last weekend. DD's making 4 no-sew blankets for her cousins.

Last year I got my husband a few tough to wrap items (like a pool stick). What I did was call up the local grocery stores and ask them to hold a few large boxes for me. I used one from Whole Foods for the pool stick because they have a good sized floral department and flowers come in very long boxes -perfect!

The stores will give you the boxes free - you just may need to call a few times at different times of day so you don't catch them at a time where they're just thrown a bunch out.

Free, and easily wrapped = win.

What about taking a picture of the gift item and then wrapping the picture in a box? When he opens the box you can go the actual gift you have hiding near by. This saves you money for a special wrap and because you can use any shape or size box to wrap a picture, he won't guess the gift by looking at it.

What about taking a picture of the gift item and then wrapping the picture in a box? When he opens the box you can go the actual gift you have hiding near by. This saves you money for a special wrap and because you can use any shape or size box to wrap a picture, he won't guess the gift by looking at it.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

OP here. I ended up picking up a Christmas table cloth (cheap 97 cent one) and was able to wrap both gifts with it. Worked like a charm. Thanks!!!

OP here. I ended up picking up a Christmas table cloth (cheap 97 cent one) and was able to wrap both gifts with it. Worked like a charm. Thanks!!!

Excellent idea...cheaper than wrapping paper too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter