need help with what types of food to pack.

gilby

DIS Veteran
I am taking a small suitcase of food with us for our trip to Disney. WE are staying in a condo, so in the evenings we can make our suppers. I need any suggestions of what food I can pack. we want to pack our lunches during the day, so I will buy chips, water, pop and meat in orlando.(I should tell you we are flying and I am bring the bag on as one of our carry ons). I need quick and easy types of food. I have mac and cheese, strognoff noodles, popcorn, napkins, baggies.
Any thing anyone can suggest will be great. I am getting myself stressed out on what to take. I am packing for 5, which includes an 18 yr old son(he can eat), 16 and 12 yr old daughters.
We are staying at cypress pointe condos.
We are planning on eating out 2 evening meals for sure, one at planet hollywood and the other at hard rock. I do have coupons to planet hollywood, is there any for hard rock.
Ok, I could go on for ever, I will try to relax and start packing.
Thanks.::MickeyMo

I have found the groceries to be about the same cost in Orlando as the regular prices at home. My husband complains about the amount of food I bring along (we drive) so I have pared down each trip. I try to bring the lightest weight things that I have saved the most money on by buying on sale at home. In other words, the things that I would obviously pay a lot more for at regular price.

We have a rolling cooler that is small enough to use as a carry on. When we flew out west last year, one thing we brought along was frozen meat (steaks, chicken, hamburger). Since I always buy at a deep discount, I knew we could save on these.

We also bring Poptarts (always bought at deep discount at home and a must for breakfasts), baby food (seems to be high in Florida), crackers, Pringles or Lays Stax, goldfish, etc. Salt and Pepper is on our permanent list.

You didn't ask about other things, but we also bring our own extra dishwasher tabs, laundry detergent, and dryer sheets. Partly we bring them because we buy them on sale, but we also try to calculate exactly what we need. We also bring aluminum foil (good for lots of things) and all sizes of baggies.

I wouldn't stress too much about it if you'll have a car. Publix is very reasonable and they have good specials each week just like our stores at home.

There is a Sams not far from WDW if you're a member. We usually buy some "party" type food that is great to heat and eat like frozen quiches and the little bite size party rolls. We buy frozen chicken to eat on salads or with other veggies. The teens always get a big box of frozen Pizza Rolls.

Sheila

We've just returned from a week's stay and we packed a back pack daily for the park with snack items, and we snacked throughout the day. We took all the snacks from home and bought a case of bottled water and puffed wheat cereal at the grocery store near Disney.

Here's what we took: boxes of raisins, granola bars--soft and crunchy, beef jerkey--2 kinds, goldfish, almonds, dried fruit. We only ate 1 lunch out and that was on our last day. We also brought ziploc bags to keep everything in as needed.

thank you for all the suggestions. Its great to hear there is a sams close by, and yes we are members. I love there frozen hamb. patties. That will make an easy meal. The kids like pop tarts and cheese and crackers. Not sure how the cheese and crackers will do on the plane.
Thanks,

The Orlando Magicard gives $5.00 off a $25.00 or more purchase at Hard Rock Cafe. The Magicard is free. and can be ordered through the Kississimmee Visitors Bureau.

We stayed at my in-laws time share for a week and we stopped at Publix. We bought water, apple juice, crackers, cheese, Pepsi, peanut butter, chips, olives, cookies from the dairy section so we could bake our own chocolate chip cookies (big hit with DH and DD), and other things we knew would be fast and easy to make. We had a Cracker Barrel within walking distance and it was very reasonable for breakfast.

I have packed things in the past and it's just so much easier to buy it when we get there. We stopped at a new Super Target on 192. It was really nice, but there is road construction going on in front of it.

There is a Winn-Dixie within spitting distance of Cypress Pointe. We took things with us like baggies, detergent, and coffee stuff. We took very few food items and just bought the stuff at Winn-Dixie. The convience was worth it. I did not notice that the prices were out of line at all. The best part was that we did not buy too much stuff--we just went as needed. You can go out of Cypress Pointe a back way and not even go on the highway. I would just wait until I got there to get your food and quit stressing out!!! It's vacation!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter