• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with reception options

DisMama5

DIS Veteran
Alright guys I'm struggling here...

I'm not getting the vibe we are looking for with any of the reception options on the Disney wedding site. We are having the smaller wishes option, ceremony wise we have 3 choices picked out and will probably do the 12pm option.

I know some of us have talked on a previous post about how I was looking for a unique spot. I wanted to start this thread to better sort out ideas. We are looking for an outdoor space for the reception, if some of you have looked at lurkyloos podcast about the couple who had their ceremony in AK and then a reception I believe was at
Fort wilderness... Those pictures are exactly in a sense of what I want to create. So yes totally added that spot on my list but I don't know a lot about it and that's only one so far I've found myself ok with...

I picture long wooden tables with middle table runners and sunflowers/assorted flowers all down the middle with wooden chairs. Sortve county/rustic type I guess. I'd rather a few long tables then several small tables, we will only have about 30 guests and I'd like it set up so everyone is together. I actually wish I could have the tables set in on Long circle ideally but that or long wooden would be fine. Something like the pictures in that podcast with Carrie Talking about the reception at fort wilderness, Is almost exactly how I'd picture our "simple" reception. We want it outside, in an open space, a green space (meaning lawn type) or along the water. Does anyone have some ideas that would fit what is going on in my mind? Lol nothing offered on the site it's fitting what I'm looking for so far but from what I've read there's plenty of choices that aren't listed also.....

I know some are reading this and probably like "well why not go with the fort wilderness option if you saw something you like".. Which it is one the first I've seen that I liked and is along the lines of what we would want, I didn't fall In love with it just yet but maybe I could if there's nothing else out there to compare with lol...

Anyone ever heard of receptions happening at typhoon lagoon? Or know of a space there that might be worth asking about?? I know they just had a wedding there in February 2015.

Any suggestions truly help. We are avid Disney go-ers but I can't seem to think of too many options :/ your all so helpful I look forward to your ideas!!! :)

(I attached the 2 files that some what make what is in my mind come to life, from the podcast)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 45
I'm sorry I gave a ton of info, just wanted to try to give anyone who might want to answer and help enough info to work with to get an idea of what we are looking for and how many people we will have.

I guess if I had to highlight the point of the post, I'm looking for a unique space like an open green space (lawn) that we can make a little rustic space up so you walk up and your just like wow I wasn't expecting that and right here, how beautiful. or along water, or at a water park. I don't know how to explain what I'm visioning, the closest thing I can relate is the pictures I attached to my previous post from one of carries podcast :)

Yes, the Croquet Lawn ticks two of your boxes, since it's situated along the waterway to DHS: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/croquet-lawn/

Here's a really great-looking wedding on the Croquet Lawn:

http://rootweddings.com/blog/2011/07/19/erin-rick-wedding-part-i/

http://rootweddings.com/blog/2011/07/20/erin-rick-wedding-part-ii/

However, as a guest, I would prefer Clementine Beach at Ft. Wilderness because it looks like it might possibly have some shade. Also, if your ceremony is in the Magic Kingdom resort area, you could take everyone out there on a boat, which would be totally awesome!

There are plenty of other outdoor reception venues, but not many of them are rustic/green lawn-y....

• Shipwreck Beach or Crescent Cove at the Yacht & Beach Club
  • Seabreeze Point (also shady!)
  • Yacht Club Marina
  • Sago Cay
  • Summerhouse
  • Luau Beach
  • French Island Arm, UK Lochside or one of the other IllumiNations locations (you'd have to do brunch or dinner though)
  • Tamu Tamu Courtyard
  • Flame Tree Gardens

Photos of all of these can be found here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/

I've been in contact with Disney but only to some extent because we are still far out so we get the usual "well once your consultent is appointed to you they will be able to tell you that". So I only get basics from Disney still. :/

But these suggestions are oh so helpful for me to start checking into :) thanks guys your the best!

Yes, the Croquet Lawn ticks two of your boxes, since it's situated along the waterway to DHS: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/croquet-lawn/

Here's a really great-looking wedding on the Croquet Lawn:

http://rootweddings.com/blog/2011/07/19/erin-rick-wedding-part-i/

http://rootweddings.com/blog/2011/07/20/erin-rick-wedding-part-ii/

However, as a guest, I would prefer Clementine Beach at Ft. Wilderness because it looks like it might possibly have some shade. Also, if your ceremony is in the Magic Kingdom resort area, you could take everyone out there on a boat, which would be totally awesome!

There are plenty of other outdoor reception venues, but not many of them are rustic/green lawn-y....

• Shipwreck Beach or Crescent Cove at the Yacht & Beach Club
  • Seabreeze Point (also shady!)
  • Yacht Club Marina
  • Sago Cay
  • Summerhouse
  • Luau Beach
  • French Island Arm, UK Lochside or one of the other IllumiNations locations (you'd have to do brunch or dinner though)
  • Tamu Tamu Courtyard
  • Flame Tree Gardens

Photos of all of these can be found here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/

You can have an actual reception at seabreeze point also? That's #1 for our ceremony choice, I wasn't aware you have also do reception there... Or did I read this wrong? How exactly is the reception there, do they put the tables inside the gazebo? Or like on the grass near it. Interesting I'll be sure to look into all of these tho thank you again :)

I like the looks of summerhouse, croquet lawn, and tamu tamu is different to, that might be added onto the list.

We are hoping to do the ceremony at seabreeze, I didn't realize they do receptions too but can't find anything about receptions there?

Regarding summer house, do you have to use those white tables and chairs in the picture of can you have the area done up how you want? Like could I have Disney bring in those wooden tables from the fort wilderness pictures and have those instead? I think those chairs and tables are just what is always out there at the summer house location, at least that's how it looks to me. Summer house and sea breeze would be high on my list right now... I wish I could see more pictures of actual receptions at these places

You can have an actual reception at seabreeze point also? That's #1 for our ceremony choice, I wasn't aware you have also do reception there... Or did I read this wrong? How exactly is the reception there, do they put the tables inside the gazebo? Or like on the grass near it. Interesting I'll be sure to look into all of these tho thank you again :)

Yes! You can do a reception at Sea Breeze Point. You probably wouldn't want to pair it with a SBP ceremony, though, because you'd have to go someplace else while they set up the reception, and if it were a catered event you would have to meet food and beverage minimums for that space (unless it's a ballroom) in addition to SBP's minimums, which are...

• Breakfast and Lunch: $1,000 Sun-Thurs/$1,500 Fri & Sat
  • Dinner and Reception: $2,000 Sun-Thurs/$2,500 Fri & Sat

Regarding summer house, do you have to use those white tables and chairs in the picture of can you have the area done up how you want? Like could I have Disney bring in those wooden tables from the fort wilderness pictures and have those instead? I think those chairs and tables are just what is always out there at the summer house location, at least that's how it looks to me. Summer house and sea breeze would be high on my list right now... I wish I could see more pictures of actual receptions at these places

You can always bring in chairs and tables, but it will cost you. There's a fee to rent them and a fee to move them, plus a fee to remove the existing chairs and tables. You can see the Summerhouse set up for a reception here http://disneyeventgroup.com/sections/disney-resorts/disneys-grand-floridian-resort-spa/#media-1

Yes! You can do a reception at Sea Breeze Point. You probably wouldn't want to pair it with a SBP ceremony, though, because you'd have to go someplace else while they set up the reception, and if it were a catered event you would have to meet food and beverage minimums for that space (unless it's a ballroom) in addition to SBP's minimums, which are...

• Breakfast and Lunch: $1,000 Sun-Thurs/$1,500 Fri & Sat
  • Dinner and Reception: $2,000 Sun-Thurs/$2,500 Fri & Sat

You can always bring in chairs and tables, but it will cost you. There's a fee to rent them and a fee to move them, plus a fee to remove the existing chairs and tables. You can see the Summerhouse set up for a reception here http://disneyeventgroup.com/sections/disney-resorts/disneys-grand-floridian-resort-spa/#media-1

Thank you so much. I have a question about that podcast you did, of the wedding that goes to the pictures I attached in a previous post up there. I think it says that was a clementine beach reception but I don't see that option as a place to have a reception anywhere or that it has grass like in the pictures? When I google, only the beach comes up as pictures but not an option to use or mickeys backyard bbq area comes up as the option.

Just wondering, because other then summerhouse, right now the one from the pictures is also high up on my list now :) just trying to confirm is that's actually clementine beach? It looks almost like a wooded area more then a beach to me? But I've never been there so...

I'm torn between the table set up like that fort wilderness one, or a Cinderella table set up that I saw on the ever after blog and have that at summer house. Decisions decisions..

I believe the bride on that episode referred to the location as Clementine Beach. Disney may technically refer to it as something other than Clementine Beach because, as you say, I've seen shots of receptions that were at "Clementine Beach" and there was a lot more sand. But just because something isn't listed on Disney's site doesn't mean it's not an option. They may not have had a chance to shoot the location or update the site.

I believe the bride on that episode referred to the location as Clementine Beach. Disney may technically refer to it as something other than Clementine Beach because, as you say, I've seen shots of receptions that were at "Clementine Beach" and there was a lot more sand. But just because something isn't listed on Disney's site doesn't mean it's not an option. They may not have had a chance to shoot the location or update the site.

Thanks! I'll just hang onto the pictures to clarify with Disney when the time comes about that spot. You guys have been very helpful. I think we will be staying at GF after our wedding so summer house probably is a great option along with wilderness in a close second place :)

I would love to see pictures of a Sea Breeze Point reception!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction? I searched google and I'm not finding anything. Thank you.

I would love to see pictures of a Sea Breeze Point reception!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction? I searched google and I'm not finding anything. Thank you.

Sorry I'm not much help either but hopefully someone sees this and can help. I searched high a low after lurkyloo mentioned it and you can definitely have a reception there but couldn't come across even one picture :/ I'm sure it's beautiful! If anyone can help I'm dying to see pictures of a reception at this spot also!! :)

Here you go!

SBP%20Reception%204.png

SBP%20Reception%2012png.png

SBP%20Reception%201.png

SBP%20Reception%203.png

SBP%20Reception%205.png

It's beautiful as a reception venue! It's too bad that we will almost certainly have a guest count too high to use that space, I love it!!!

Sea Breeze Point holds up to 100 guests for a sit-down reception and 160 for a walk-around reception. They put additional tables on the lawns surrounding the structure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter