• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need help with proposal

neverbeenbefore

Earning My Ears
this will be my first time there,my gf is a regular .i would like to start off with a nice dinner somewhere and then a horse caridge ride from dinner but not sure how to go about that?i would like to prospose to her either at dinner or while on the ride.can anyone help?

The 2 places that offered horse carriage ride are Fort wilderness and POR, so you could to dinner at Wilderness Lodge at Artisit point, then take the boat over to Fort Wilderness and have the carriage ride......
Now I wish my husband would do that.

The Grand Floridian does horse drawn carriages for the wedding cermonies at the Wedding Pavilion, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for a marriage proposal. You could dine at Victoria & Albert's (very fancy) or Narcoosee's (not as fancy, but very nice and right on the water), then take the carriage ride. I would check with the GF concierge desk to see if this is possible. Great idea by you--good luck!!

More expensive, but romantic, would be a MK fireworks cruise. Propose during or right before the fireworks.

christinou said:
The 2 places that offered horse carriage ride are Fort wilderness and POR, so you could to dinner at Wilderness Lodge at Artisit point, then take the boat over to Fort Wilderness and have the carriage ride......
Now I wish my husband would do that.
ty for ur help do u know how would i contact them and is (por)port orleans the resort?

We took the carriage ride from Fort Wilderness last Nov. We were celebrating our 25th anniv. We went after dark , the driver lit the lanterns on the carriage and took us on a very romantic ride. It was not expensive, about 30$, plus a tip. I loved it!
Deb

Call 407-WDW-PLAY for specialty cruise reservations. I think they do the carriage rides too.

I second the suggestion of dinner at Artiste Point at the WL. Then how about one of these:

[font=verdana, arial][size=-1]Fireworks Cruises are Available from the Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock. [/size][/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial][size=-1]Moonlight Cruises: At night, special pontoon boats depart from the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, or Wilderness Lodge. They cruise Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, providing spectacular views of the Electrical Water Pageant and the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Cruise boats carry up to twelve people and rent for about $120, driver included.
    [/size][/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial][size=-1]Birthday or Anniversary Cruise - Birthday or Anniversary Cruises: Pontoon boats decorated with balloons, streamers, and party favors are available to groups for special occasions. These evening cruise packages include a decorated cake and beverages. Boats depart from the Yacht Club, the BoardWalk Inn, the Contemporary, or Wilderness Lodge. The cost for the boat and driver is about $175 for one to seven people and about $230 for eight to twelve people.
    [/size][/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial][size=-1]Champagne Cruise - (1 hour before Magic Kingdom Fireworks) $150 (up to 8 people) $200 (up to 12 people) Champagne, soda, bottled water and chips
    [/size][/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial][size=-1]Fireworks Cruise - (1 hour before Magic Kingdom Fireworks) $85 and up - My family and I went on a Fireworks cruise last week from the Polynesian. Our Captain took us on a nice ride around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. She showed us the bear face on the back side of the WL. There are two triangular window near the top of the hotel--they form the eyes; there is another triangular window lower and in the middle which makes the bear's nose. At night the bear face was plain to see--really cool!!!" (Dale and May Furukawa)
    [/size][/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial][size=-1]Picnic Cruise - Picnic Cruises: These afternoon cruises cast off from the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary resort for a leisurely tour of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. A picnic lunch of salad, sandwiches, chips, sodas, and cookies is included. There are two sailings, one at about 12:45 PM and one at about 2 PM. The cost, including a driver, is around $175 for one to four people, about $200 for five to six people, and approximately $230 for seven to eight people.
    [/size][/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial][size=-1]Sunset Cruise - Available from both the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. Cruise takes 2 guests on a romantic cruise around Bay Lake. You are served champagne and tuxedo strawberries. Average cost is $100 per couple or $50 per additional guest. [/size][/font]

The nunber for the Fort Wilderness carriage ride is 407-824-2832. I sent you a private e-mail as well. Enjoy! She is going to love this.
Deb :flower:

So sweet. You got some good suggestions. I loved Artist's Pointe, but always wanted to go to Victoria and Albert's. I'm sure any way you choose your gf will remember!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter