Need help with picking CS meals, on DDP

Tamis3girls

Mouseketeer
We are heading to DW Nov 20-29th. I have all of my TS meals reserved, but would like to have your opinions on our CS options. There are 6 of us, me, DH, daughters, ages 5, 10, and 13 and Grandma. We are staying at ASSP and would prefer options that are on the DDP

Our flight arrives on 11-20 at 11:44 am, and we depart on the 29th, at 8 am.

Here is what we have scheduled so far:
We do not have park hoppers.

Arrival day, will not probably be to hotel until early afternoon, would like someplace to eat for supper, maybe another resort?

11-20

11-21 Chef Mickey's 5:05
MVMCP

Epcot
11-22 Lunch @ Coral Reef @ 1:30

MGM
11-23 Kona Cafe @ 9:00
50's Prime Time @ 5:50

MK
11-24 Crystal Palace @ 8:05 am
Whispering Canyon Cafe @ 6:05

DTD
11-25 1900 Park Fare @ 9:00 am
CS- Earl of Sandwich for lunch in the afternoon

AK
Probably just have breakfast in room, since we are eating an early lunch, but would like a good supper option.
11-26 Yak & Yeti @ 11:30

Thanksgiving
MK
LTT @ 7:15 pm

11-28 We are going to Sea world

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Tami

I would suggest the Pepper Market at Coronodo Springs. Lots of great options, everyone in your party can get something different to eat!

:thumbsup2 Here's some suggestions!

MK
Pinnochio's Village House- This is my favorite. I like they're Salads and you get to watch it's a small world if you get a table by the window. Also it's fun to tell kids you're in Pinnochio's house!
I also like Cosmic Ray's because there are a lot of options but with kids it can be hard because there are 3 seperate areas with burgers, chicken, and soups/salads
I've also eaten at Pecos Bills and it was SUPER crowded and I didn't really think the topping bar was that great.
This time I really want to try Casey's corner because I've heard their Corn dog nuggets are good and it's on Main street.
So I would say just stop at one of these three depending on where you are in the park!

Hollywood Studios-Everytime I go here I go to to backlot express. I really like they're grilled turkey sandwich. I also like it because my DH can get a burger/fries and I can still get something a little healthier.

Animal Kingdom-I've tried Pizzafari and the BBQ place. I actually preferred Pizzafari because it's huge and it's easier to find a table inside. The BBQ place we sat outside and the birds were EVERYWHERE! But the food was good.

Epcot-I love Seasons at the Land because you again have tons of options and there are lots of healthier options too. I also like the electric umbrella but thats more sentimental because I go there everytime I'm in disney too! I've also heard great things about the quick service location in World Showcase if you can't get an ADR for their sit down restaurants.

Hope this helps and have fun!popcorn::

Let's see -

Love the Pepper Market for any meal - fun concept but also quick and easy.

MK - Pinocchios - love to watch the Small World boats go by if I can wrangle a window seat.
Pecos Bills - great burgers with lots of fixin's.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons - lots of variety with a Food Court feel.

AK - haven't found one yet.

HS - ABC Commissary - for some reason always seems a bit less hectic than other CS at this park.

DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express - favorite CS anywhere on property

MK - Columbia Harbour House (usually not very crowded and has a "secret" seating area upstairs that is even less-crowded than the first floor!)

EPCOT - Tangierine (sp?) Cafe in Morocco

You have your TS meals planned, give yourself "options and freedom" with CS. I found that being hungry and being near "that CS place" at the same time didn't always workout. So I suggest having a list of 2-3 places per park that would be options for a meal.

For MK I had 4 - two we never used, one I wished we hadn't used(others do like it though) and one I am so glad we used.

Be sure to know the child menu options at those places as your 5yo will likely have the fewest options. For example if it must be PB&J, know where she can get that. Also know there are a few places that only have one menu, so adults and kids order the same things. Know if your park has that; many of those are pizza places. Check the 2007 DP sticky for a list of those places.

Tami-
We are going from 11/20 -11/29 too AND we are arriving at 11:44am from Wisconsin. Are you flying AirTran?

We leave at 12:30 Saturday though- they had moved us to an earlier time and I had them switch us back to the noon'ish hour.

Michelle

IMHO, the best are as follows:

Cosmic Rays - MK
Yak & Yati - AK
Tangerine Cafe - Epcot:love:
Sunshine Seasons - Epcot
None:sad2: - DHS

:worship: Wolfgang Pucks Express - DTD:love: :thumbsup2 (The best)

Captain Cooks - Poly:love:

Tami-
We are going from 11/20 -11/29 too AND we are arriving at 11:44am from Wisconsin. Are you flying AirTran?

We leave at 12:30 Saturday though- they had moved us to an earlier time and I had them switch us back to the noon'ish hour.

Michelle

Yes, that is too funny, we are flying airtran on the way down there, leaving Milwaukee @ 8 am, arriving @ 11:44 a.m, but we are flying Us Airways on the way home, basically it was a big mess when we were booking our flights, we booked a one way there and a one way back, and we originally were flying Midwest, until they canceled our flight. We also were originally flying in on Nov 21st, until our flight was canceled, and we had to find a way down there, so we booked the one flying in on the 20th, and actually it was not too much more $.
Where are you staying? We are at ASSP. Where are you from in Wisconsin, we are in Northcentral Wisconsin.

Tami

Our favorite CS-
at the MK- Cosmic Ray's and Columbia Harbor House. We used to love Pecos Bills, but they changed the menu at some point and we switched to Cosmic Ray's.

Epcot- Tangierine Cafe, Yakitori House, Fish and Chips, or the Patisserie in France

Studios- Studio Catering Company is okay....my dh loves the stand by Indy with sandwiches. We've also never had an issue with the ABC Commissary. I think the bakery by the Brown Derby is about the best. I think the studios is rather weak on counter service.

Animal Kingdom- Flame Tree is our favorite.

My absolute favorite counter service outside the parks (and rivals some of my park faves) is the place at Saratoga Springs Resort- really yummy sandwiches! We've stopped there a couple times for no other reason than to get sandwiches.

On arrival day, I would suggest Pepper Market at Coranado Springs.

While in Epcot maybe Sunshine Seasons.

On your Animal Kingdom day for supper once you are done at the park... I would suggest a retun to Pepper Market, since there are so many options there, or maybe Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney.

We enjoyed Pepper Market as resort quests, you just have to understand it is a food court with chef's that make your food fresh. You pay on your way out, pretty simple. We went to disney one other time and the CS was booked so we stayed at POP, very fun. We made certain to go to the Pepper Market three times on the vacation, it was worth the extra bus trip.

The nachos are delicious and the rib eye steak dinner on the dining plan is one of the best values for a CS.

DisneySept10-17021.jpg

you are 1 TS over? You are staying 8 nights and have 9 meals planned so one will have to be OOP. Not necessarily a problem, just wondered if you knew.

you are 1 TS over? You are staying 8 nights and have 9 meals planned so one will have to be OOP. Not necessarily a problem, just wondered if you knew.

We are staying 9 nights, we are arriving on 11-20, and not leaving until 11-29

11-20
11-21
11-22
11-23
11-24
11-25
11-26
11-27
11-28
leaving for home on 11-29

The way I understood it, is we get 9 TS, 9 CS, and 9 snacks. Is that correct?

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions, I think we are leaning towards Pepper Market the 1st night we get there.

Tami

Epcot- the Land(Sunshine Seasons) has many options and a lot of seating you could plan it so you fast pass Soarin' and then eat while you are waiting. If there is still more time after that the boat ride featuring the Lion King is cute. Also Electric Umbrella

MK- Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays

AK- Flame Tree Barbeque, Pizzafarri (again has a lot of seating)

Hollywood Studios- Pizza Planet (has arcade on bottom level and tends to get a bit crowded but a nice place)

Hope this helps!! Good Luck:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter