Need help with last minute DIS Cruise

jtlund

Earning My Ears
I just found out I'm getting nice bonus next week. My son is turning 10 on March 18th and he has Spring Break at the end of March. I want to find and book last minute cruise. Don't care what ship or length/destination although I'd prefer over 4 days. Any advice? I am single Mom so it would just be son and I and I prefer balcony cabin.

These forums were my lifesaver in 2008 when we took family trip to WDW. This time I really want the cruise and want it to be surprise for my son.

Thanks in advance!

I just found out I'm getting nice bonus next week. My son is turning 10 on March 18th and he has Spring Break at the end of March. I want to find and book last minute cruise. Don't care what ship or length/destination although I'd prefer over 4 days. Any advice? I am single Mom so it would just be son and I and I prefer balcony cabin.

These forums were my lifesaver in 2008 when we took family trip to WDW. This time I really want the cruise and want it to be surprise for my son.

Thanks in advance!

Try vacationstogo.com. We've used them for similar last minute cruise. No high pressure but they do pretty much require you to talk with them to get any real details like cabin numbers and such. They did everything they said they would. Don't expect "white glove" service; but we thought we got our money's worth. After the cruise we were put on their email newsletter list but they'll take you off if requested. They do not, as far as we experienced, do any telephone solicitation after our cruise.

Happy sailing!

Why don't you just go to the Disney Cruise website. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/reservations/booking

If you want a 4 days cruise that is Bahamas or Caribbean. Magic, wonder, or dream, just depending on which port you want to leave from miami, galveston, or port canaveral.

Also the prices on cruises are set, no travel agency or site is going to offer you a better price than Disney. Now if you use a Travel Agent they will sometimes give you an onboard credit as a "thank you" for booking with them.

Why don't you just go to the Disney Cruise website. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/reservations/booking

If you want a 4 days cruise that is Bahamas or Caribbean. Magic, wonder, or dream, just depending on which port you want to leave from miami, galveston, or port canaveral.

Also the prices on cruises are set, no travel agency or site is going to offer you a better price than Disney. Now if you use a Travel Agent they will sometimes give you an onboard credit as a "thank you" for booking with them.

Yes, the OBC is nice. I also like the cash card, that Costco gives pot cruise. :thumbsup2

We used small world vacations to go. Loved it. I would recommend it to anyone short notice or for a long time out.

Go to the DCL website and look at the cruises out of Galveston. They are the most reasonable lately.

MJ

esquirepd said:
We used small world vacations to go. Loved it. I would recommend it to anyone short notice or for a long time out.

smallworldvacations.com and vacationstogo.com are two very different agencies.

If you have access to Costco- they seem to have the best ROI factor.

If not, if you have enough cash to pay for everything up front, I'm a big fan of purchasing gift cards to pay for everything because there are a lot of additional rewards you can stack into your cruise..probably enough to pay for tips or a nice excursion. Target red card gets you 5 per cent off. My grocery store gives me gas points etc...

I had gotten a windfall and used it for our first family 7 night cruise and I wish I had known about all the special ways to save even more money before I plunked down a big chunk of change.

I got a lot of info from the "Mousesavers" website and have used a Small World TA to help me out with additional reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter