Need help with itinerary.

alh2011

Mouseketeer
We will be driving from NC to Orlando. We have decided to drive to St Augustine on Friday 9/25 and spend the night. Then wake up Sat morning and go to see the Castillo de Marcus monument and then head to Orlando after that. I figure we can plan to be at Disney around 2pm. If our room is available then we will go unload Van. I am trying to figure out how to spend the afternoon.

Here re is my dilemma. We have purchased five day park hoppers and then a party ticket for 10/1.
As of right now we are only going to be in the parks for 4 days and then of course our party night. the price difference between 4 and 5 day was only like $35 for us so I decided to stick with the 5 day just incase we wanted to use it.

Here is our itinerary as of right now:

9/26 arrive in Orlando
9/27 MK
9/28 EP
9/29 AK
9/30 HS
10/1 MNSSHP
10/2 resort pool day and DTD (also sleep in day and packing for home day)
10/3 go home

So I am trying to figure out where to fit in another park. Epcot is my favorite park I was thinking maybe go to Epcot on our arrival afternoon to walk around WS. We will go back on 9/28 to visit FW and ride rides. I know is the first weekend for the F&W so was wondering how crowded it would be? Basically we would go to just stroll around eat snacks and people watch. We have a 3yo so will It be so packed that we can't even get through if have a stroller?

We we usually take breaks each day so that is why I want to try and fit in some more time at Epcot to see WS. We will partake in evening EMH on 9/29 but wasn't sure that would be enough time to stroll around WS??

It's not the end of the world if can't fit in extra afternoon but wanted to ideas or advice if possible. Thanks!!

I would definitely go to a park Epcot on arrival day.

FWIW, I would go to a park on the 2nd as well. Ending the trip with a down day is depressing.

I always plan my arrival day based on what resort I'm staying in. If I'm in one of the Epcot resorts, it a no-brainer, just walk to IG and do Epcot. If I'm in a mod or value, they are usually listed as some sort of park resort (I'm guessing because that is what they are close to). So I'll go to that park. Or, I'll just go where my heart tells me to go after I've checked in. I agree I wouldn't spend that last day as a down day, I'd make one more stop either over to Epcot for F&W or MK for the little one.

We will be driving from NC to Orlando. We have decided to drive to St Augustine on Friday 9/25 and spend the night. Then wake up Sat morning and go to see the Castillo de Marcus monument and then head to Orlando after that. I figure we can plan to be at Disney around 2pm. If our room is available then we will go unload Van. I am trying to figure out how to spend the afternoon.

Here re is my dilemma. We have purchased five day park hoppers and then a party ticket for 10/1.
As of right now we are only going to be in the parks for 4 days and then of course our party night. the price difference between 4 and 5 day was only like $35 for us so I decided to stick with the 5 day just incase we wanted to use it.

Here is our itinerary as of right now:

9/26 arrive in Orlando
9/27 MK
9/28 EP
9/29 AK
9/30 HS
10/1 MNSSHP
10/2 resort pool day and DTD (also sleep in day and packing for home day)
10/3 go home

So I am trying to figure out where to fit in another park. Epcot is my favorite park I was thinking maybe go to Epcot on our arrival afternoon to walk around WS. We will go back on 9/28 to visit FW and ride rides. I know is the first weekend for the F&W so was wondering how crowded it would be? Basically we would go to just stroll around eat snacks and people watch. We have a 3yo so will It be so packed that we can't even get through if have a stroller?

We we usually take breaks each day so that is why I want to try and fit in some more time at Epcot to see WS. We will partake in evening EMH on 9/29 but wasn't sure that would be enough time to stroll around WS??

It's not the end of the world if can't fit in extra afternoon but wanted to ideas or advice if possible. Thanks!!

Maybe go to MK on your arrival day, using that day's 3 advance FastPasses for the Festival of Fantasy parade at 3pm, then later SDMT & the Main Street Electrical Parade. That way when you go to MK the next full day, you can skip the parades to focus on rides, without having to try to get on SDMT, either. That should free you up for more things.

Maybe go to MK on your arrival day, using that day's 3 advance FastPasses for the Festival of Fantasy parade at 3pm, then later SDMT & the Main Street Electrical Parade. That way when you go to MK the next full day, you can skip the parades to focus on rides, without having to try to get on SDMT, either. That should free you up for more things.

Thanks I think I like this idea the best.

As far as our last reat day being depressing I have to disagree! Don't get me wrong I love going to the parks but after 4 straight days I think it will be nice to slow down and enjoy more low key things. We will still be enjoying ourselves as a family and doing fun things at the resort and downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter