• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with hotel in San Diego

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! I will be in San Diego March 30th to 31st with my daughter. We are planning on going to the San Diego zoo so Im looking for a nice hotel $100 per night or cheaper that includes a hot breakfast and free parking. I have found Best Western yacht and harbor but the reviews are iffy. Im not looking for the ritz or anything but also dont want to shower next to mold ;)
Thanks all

We were in San Diego in July and stayed at the Hilton Doubletree on Hotel circle south. We were there for Comic Con so prices were much higher but don't know what they are besides that. There are many hotels on hotel circle south so maybe google that and see what you come up with? The San Diego Zoo was only two miles from where we stayed. Very quick and easy to get to. Have a great trip.

At $100 per night you're looking for a motel, not a hotel. If the Best Western Yacht Harbor isn't sufficient I suggest you up your minimum price by at least $50 and consider eating out. That is a popular Spring break time for schools on the quarter system and universities in general that are not tied to Easter for their breaks. The minimum price per night for that Doubletree above will exceed $150 even when it's not a popular time to visit. I've stayed in many hotels in Hotel Circle and free parking is becoming rare. They also change over frequently to other properties as these are minimally maintained and often no longer meet the minimum standards of the higher brands. You can try staying farther out, like El Cajon or Poway, but you'll eat up time and gas driving in. Especially if you plan to do other things like go downtown. I haven't stayed in La Jolla in awhile, but the big Hilton and Sheraton there are supposed to be nice. I have no idea if you pay more or less to be in La Jolla as opposed to near Seaworld or the zoo these days.

We have stayed at the Best Western Old Town a couple of times. The last time was three years ago. The Old Town location puts you close to a number of restaurants and shops. Depending on the room, you could have a nice view of the harbor.

It's a bit higher than what you want. I looked and it was $120/night before taxes with AAA which is a good rate for this part of of SD. We paid $180/night in July three years ago.

There is a Holiday Inn Express on Jupiter - not sure of the rate that time of year, but it was pretty well maintained last time we were there and convenient. No beach access and it's not fancy, but it was a great location and reasonable.

Thanks all. I actually found the HYATT home in san diego for a 1 bed room for $119 per night with free parking and a free breakfast. The reviews look great so Im jumping on that tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter