Need help with hotel in Gatlinburg

ceecee

DIS Veteran
I have spent hours online and am lost. Looking for a clean, updated hotel in Gatlinnburg or even Pigeon Forge. Most of the reviews are bad for the ones we originally picked and the prices for the 4 stars are $150 a night. Has anyone been recently that can recommend one?

Red Roof Inn had reasonable prices and good reviews...as did the clarions in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.

Also you can try naming your own price at patriotgetaways.com

I did the samething in March and we decided on a condo that I rented from Home Away. It was $60 a night and we really enjoyed it! I have used Home Away twice this year and have been pleased both times.

I checked out the cabins and it's around $120 a night, we really want just a clean modern hotel room. I checked the Red Roof and saw bad reviews. I really want to spend less than $100 a nite.

You can also name your own price for the resort at governor's crossing...I haven't stayed there but the red roof had great review's on tripadvisor when I was looking.

You can also name your own price for the resort at governor's crossing...I haven't stayed there but the red roof had great review's on tripadvisor when I was looking.

How do you do that, thru priceline?

We did the bid your own price at the Resort at Governor's Crossing last month and had a very enjoyable time. The room was spacious, we had a full kitchen and laundry facility in the room. The outdoor waterpark/pool area was great, and the indoor facilities were good too during rainy periods. It was a little more out of the way than I had hoped, but a great deal for the price.

As for hotel reviews, some need to be taken with a grain of salt. I usually look at the number of previous reviews a poster if they gave a poor rating, it could be a former employee trashing their old employer.

As for hotel reviews, some need to be taken with a grain of salt. I usually look at the number of previous reviews a poster if they gave a poor rating, it could be a former employee trashing their old employer.

And some of the things people complain about ...sheesh. A couple that come to mind are 'there wasn't a mowed piece of grass for my dog to use the bathroom' (at a cabin on a MOUNTAIN) and people complaining because they went WAY over the occupancy limit and the hotel busted them for it.

We just spent a week with our friends at the Wyndham/ Wilderness at the Smokeys, it is technically in Sieverville, very close to both areas you mentioned. Our friends have a time share through Wyndham and we had a very large, lovely 2 bedroom condo with 2 bath, full kitchen, etc. The resort has a very nice water park (indoor and out) mini golf on site, shopping, restraunts, etc.

We also copiled a list of hotels we would like to look into staying at since we liked the area and hope to return. We are at a hotel in Nashville now and Ill get that list on here for you tomorrow.

We have always gone the cabin route in Gatlinburg. As a rule they all seen to have hot tubs and porches. There are literally thousands all over the internet in every price range.

I agree about the trip advisor reviews. I read one once where the person posted a picture of a rusty screw in a toilet lid. I mean honestly, if you're checking out toilet fittings you're impossible to please.

We just got back from Pigeon Forge last weekend and stayed at the Red Roof Inn. It was clean and the staff was VERY helpful and friendly. The pool was great. The only down was the breakfast. It was awful, but our room price was right -$64 a night- and clean.
I have also stayed at Governers Crossing and loved it. The rate was a bit more than I wanted to spend this trip, but would stay there again in a heartbeat.

We needed a motel for one night before our week in a cabin started. We chose Wildwood Inn in Gatlinburg and were very happy with it. We got a rate of $75 through Expedia on the Sat night of Memorial Day weekend this year. The rooms were huge. One had a fireplace and both had mini fridges.
The location is not ideal if you want to walk the Gatlinburg strip, but we loved everything else about it. The waffles are shaped like little bears; kids loved them!

I feel your pain with the search! We have been to that area many times and choosing cabins/hotels is a daunting task!

Sal

Whenever we go to Gatlinburg, we always stay at Riverhouse Inn at the Park...it's privately owned, not part of a chain, but it is very clean, the rooms are large and it is located at the last traffic light before you enter the Park...

We stayed at Best Western Zoder's in Gatlinburg in March. It is older but very clean and nice. All the rooms have balconies overlooking the stream, which was lovely.

I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter