• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with getting to AK and MK from Beach Club

abbynlindsaysmom

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We are staying at Beach Club and will actually have a car with us. Last time we visited Disney, we lived in NY and flew down, took the Magic Express from airport and used the buses, boats and monorails to get around. But now, we live in GA and are driving down. I know I can walk to Epcot which is great but how do I get to Animal Kingdom AND Magic Kingdom on EMH days? We don't have to drive the car but wouldn't it be better?

Thanks for any insight. We haven't been since 2011 so I really need help.

Drive to AK and take the bus to MK.

This.

We timed the bus ride from BC to MK, it's 15 minutes once you're on. Even with a bit of a wait, it's still hard to beat that going to MK by car. Don't forget with MK you have to park, possibly take the tram to the TTC, and then take the ferry/monorail to the entrance. The BC bus will go right to the MK, not the TTC.

If I can add another question to your topic...how do the buses work at BC? We are staying at the BC Villas in Sept. and I wasn't sure if BC had it's own bus or shared. We were trying to decide the exact same thing about MK. We will drive to AK but we don't like driving to MK but I hate being stuck on the bus even more if we have to go to multiple resorts so not sure what to do.

I'm sorry I'm so clueless, but what is the TTC?

Sorry, it's the transportation and ticket centre aka the MK parking lot.

If you drive to the MK you park there and you have to take the monorail or ferry to the MK gates. The parking lot is huge so depending where you park you also may have to take a tram to the TTC.

If you bus to MK from a Disney resort you get dropped off right at the MK entrance, which is why most people recommend taking the resort buses to MK.

If I can add another question to your topic...how do the buses work at BC? We are staying at the BC Villas in Sept. and I wasn't sure if BC had it's own bus or shared. We were trying to decide the exact same thing about MK. We will drive to AK but we don't like driving to MK but I hate being stuck on the bus even more if we have to go to multiple resorts so not sure what to do.

The buses at BC always share with YC and sometimes will share with BWI or Swan/Dolphin, but not often. The bus would pick up at YC first, then go to BC, then go on to the parks. The bus to MK usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes with BC being the last stop before heading to MK. On the return trip it would stop at YC first, then BC.

The bus to AK will often stop at Blizzard Beach before heading to AK. It is about a 15 minute ride.

There aren't any buses to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, since it is walking distance from the Epcot resorts, and they have a boat that will take you to those two parks.

I stayed at YC last year and we always shared with BC. They are sister resorts though. When we went to DTD it stopped at YC, BC, BW, Swan & Dolphin.

I was at The Beach Club last week and we had a rental car. We took the bus to the MK and AK because I thought it was easier than driving and parking (especially at MK). The BC bus only shares with the YC. Once we were on the bus, it did not stop. On the way back, the bus stopped at YC first and then BC. It was all very easy and quite painless. We only waited a few minutes for the bus. I understand that the bus will make more stops to/from Downtown Disney, but I can't comment on that since we took the car to DTD.

Have fun. The Beach Club is fantastic.

If you don't mind spending a bit extra you can take a cab to both Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. The cab to Animal Kingdom will drop you off near the front entrance. For Magic Kingdom, take a cab to the Contemporary then walk to Magic Kingdom. It is no more than a 5 minute walk.

When we were at Yacht Club last year the bus stopped at Beach Club after picking up at Yacht then went directly to the park. For return trips it dropped off at Boardwalk, then Yacht then Beach.

A cab will cost about $20 including tip to either Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom. We prefer the cab (well, I do) because you don't have to wait for a bus for some unknown amount of time (I'm impatient) or make multiple stops before getting to your destination.

If taking the bus to either MK or AK for a morning EMH, I would be at the bus stop at Beach Club at least 45 minutes before park opening.

If you don't mind spending a bit extra you can take a cab to both Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. The cab to Animal Kingdom will drop you off near the front entrance. For Magic Kingdom, take a cab to the Contemporary then walk to Magic Kingdom. It is no more than a 5 minute walk. When we were at Yacht Club last year the bus stopped at Beach Club after picking up at Yacht then went directly to the park. For return trips it dropped off at Boardwalk, then Yacht then Beach. A cab will cost about $20 including tip to either Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom. We prefer the cab (well, I do) because you don't have to wait for a bus for some unknown amount of time (I'm impatient) or make multiple stops before getting to your destination. If taking the bus to either MK or AK for a morning EMH, I would be at the bus stop at Beach Club at least 45 minutes before park opening.
Question about the cab... What about little kids though? I have a will be 4 y/o and 7 y/o both on the small side the 4 y/o still uses a 5 point harness and the 7 y/o a booster... Wouldn't I have to still use those in the cab? So I thought for us, a can wouldn't be an option... Which is why I'm reconsidering a BRD at AK

Question about the cab... What about little kids though? I have a will be 4 y/o and 7 y/o both on the small side the 4 y/o still uses a 5 point harness and the 7 y/o a booster... Wouldn't I have to still use those in the cab? So I thought for us, a can wouldn't be an option... Which is why I'm reconsidering a BRD at AK

Our kids were teens so we didn't have the booster seat/harness consideration. Sounds like the bus might be the only option (though there's no seatbelts at all on buses so not sure how that's different than a cab).

Thanks for the feedback.

I think it's silly to take a cab when I have a car. It looks like the consensus is that I should take the bus to MK because you would have to park in a lot and then take the monorail. Is that correct?

But, makes sense to drive to Animal Kingdom. The day we go, the park closes at 6 and then we have a reservation at Boma for dinner. So, I think we should drive over from there to the Lodge right? I'm not even sure where that is either. So much still to research!! Three short weeks until our trip!!

Thanks for the feedback.

I think it's silly to take a cab when I have a car. It looks like the consensus is that I should take the bus to MK because you would have to park in a lot and then take the monorail. Is that correct?

But, makes sense to drive to Animal Kingdom. The day we go, the park closes at 6 and then we have a reservation at Boma for dinner. So, I think we should drive over from there to the Lodge right? I'm not even sure where that is either. So much still to research!! Three short weeks until our trip!!

Yes, the bus to MK is a better option than driving since the bus is direct from BC to MK. And since you are eating at Boma I would definitely drive your car over to AK. It will be easier to get back to your resort after dinner if you have a car. :)

Thanks Sue. Do you still agree if it's EMH that day? Someone said I should be at the bus 45 minutes before rope drop. I factor that in, I would be out there at 7:15. You still think it's better than just driving over there and walking a bit from the parking lot? What time would we leave if we took the car? And what do I have to do from the parking lot to get to rope drop? Just walk?

Acording to Florida law, no, your kids do not need to be in car seats or boosters - no in a cab, not in a private car. Whether you're comfortable with that is up to you.

The road signage at WDW is quite good when you are driving. (doesn't mean we don't miss one on occasion:)

While we usually take the busses even when we have a car, I would agree with driving to AK, particularly with your Boma ADR after. It is quite close, and would indeed save some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter