Need help with garage sale pricing, please!

MedCruise07

Mouseketeer
It has been several years since we had a garage sale, and I'm wondering how I should price our stuff. In particular, we have a LOT of books -- children's paperback, a few childrens hardback, a lot of adult paperback, and some textbooks. Any ideas? I would like to avoid individually pricing each book, except perhaps the textbooks. Is $1.00 too much for a children's paperback? What about $3.00 for a children's hardback or adult paperback? Also, what about clothes? What would be a fair price for good pair of boys jeans? Adult dress shirts?

I need help, please! Also, any garage sale tips are welcome. Thanks!

I'd price the books cheaper or they'll be hard to sell. Our library has a sale where you fill a bag for like 10 or 5 dollars (depending on if it's near the beginning or end of the sale) Boys jeans -- mine were snapped up at $4 a pair. I think I got $8 for some of the size 12's brand-name ones. Nobody wanted dress shirts. If at all possible hang all your clothes and make sure stuff is on tables. And if you have some men's tools, put them where they're visible closer to the street!

What I'd pay:

Paperbacks: .25 to .50
Hardbacks: $1 unless they are exceptional- leatherbound, first editions, signed- something really special.

Clothing: No more than $2 an item unless we're looking at fur or leather or silk. (Actually, I'd pay a little more for natural fibers like linen, but that's a personal quirk.)

Garage sales are about getting rid of stuff you don't want and making a little money for it, not fair market value. $3 for a book at a garage sale would send me away to find a better deal somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter