need help with a Walt Disney quote - E-mail post #6

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
what is the quote that Walt says about Disney is a place for Families to come together......

ETA posted my E-mail on post #6. Keep your fingers crossed I get the gift card. I have never answered the question of the week before but this one is close to the heart!

There have been several variations on the quote, that one, here is another

"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place -- a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."

If you want something larger, in one of the interviews when asked what the inspiration for Disneyland was...

It came about when my daughters were very young and Saturday was always daddy's day with the two daughters. So we'd start out and try to go someplace, you know, different things, and I'd take them to the merry-go-round and I took them different places and as I'd sit while they rode the merry-go-round and did all these things -- sit on a bench, you know, eating peanuts -- I felt that there should be something built where the parents and the children could have fun together. So that's how Disneyland started. Well, it took many years... it was a period of maybe 15 years developing. I started with many ideas, threw them away, started all over again. And eventually it evolved into what you see today at Disneyland. But it all started from a daddy with two daughters wondering where he could take them where he could have a little fun with them, too.

perfect thanks Hope!!
I'm trying to win a gift certificate from our LSS. And the question of the week is what is your favorite home away from home spot and why. I need to answer the question and the best replies get gift cards!

Our favorite destination is Walt Disney World in Florida.
WDW is our Home away from home, our family escape. My husband works on the road 45 weeks a year, 45 weeks of missing birthdays, anniversaries, the kids milestones, and even every day life. However along with that travel comes a very special perk, a mandatory 3 weeks vacation a year. We pine and plan for those 3 special weeks, a time that we can escape from the world of computers, pagers, and cell phones. We can turn the rest of the world off when we drive through those magical gates. We go to WDW for several reasons, the most important is a quote from Walt Disney himself, "I felt that there should be something built where the parents and the children could have fun together."
We are not the only people that feel this way either, when DH gets a business call while we are there and he tells the caller that we are on vacation, their typical reply is "it will only take a minute" if he tells them "no, I am at Disneyworld" the response is "it can wait til you get back."
Disney is sacred.

You ask how deep is my passion for Disney. Well, typically we are planning our next trip before we have even finished with the one we are on. We have a christmas countdown on our mantle that I have altered to be our Disney countdown. We managed to take 4 trips in 2005, April, August, October, and December. April was a trip that my oldest son earned after completing his math tutoring 3 months early, August was a trip just for my mom and myself, her very first trip to the World. October for my 2 youngest boy's birthdays, and December for our very first Christmas there. We even shipped a fake tree complete with Disney ornaments down for the occasion. We took our daughter on her very first trip to Disney for her first birthday this past March. We have to start her on the right foot after all. Well she remember? Probably not, but through our scrapbooks, pictures, and stories she will know how truly magical her first trip to the World was.
I also help most of my friends in town plan their trips, I like to spread the magic! In our sleepy little town I am considered the resident Disney expert, a title I proudly bear. But don't ask me about Disney unless you have hours to spare, I can talk your ear off about the wonders of Walt's magical dreams and how they have become reality.
I belong to a Disney web forum, where we not only talk Disney but we also have our own Scrapbooking sub-forum where we share our stories, layouts, and ideas.
I will fly 3000 miles for the scrapbooking getaway that WDW hosts every August even though there are retreats closer to Connecticut. I sacrifice not having my tools for several days because I ship them down ahead of time, and I will check my luggage and carry my paper on the plane with me. If that's not passion I don't know what is. ;)
It makes me sad when we can't go but it hardens our resolve to make it a priority to save enough money to go again. It is extremely important to us as a family to make the effort to go back to Disneyworld.

I have only finished scrapping one trip to WDW, that was our very first trip for our oldest son's 8th birthday. I have hard time because I feel the need to scrap every picture that DH takes. I don't want to skip anything and I want to be able to relive every minute of our trips through our books.
I did do the title page though for our April 2005 trip. and this is my favorite page to date. The quote from my then 4 year old sums up our whole families passion and love for all things Disney. He turned and looked at me during the show illuminations at Epcot and whispered, "Mommy this is the bestest bacation ever." Makes me cry every time I think about it.

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/BernardandMissBianca/?action=view&current=4parks2.jpg

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/BernardandMissBianca/?action=view&current=4parks1.jpg

So that scratches the surface of our families favorite destination. Thanks for bearing with me as I gush about the place I love.

Sincerely yours,
Buffy ****
admitted Disney addict

you just made me tear up Buffy... thanks... off to the ladies room I run

Buffy, that's awesome! It really, really conveys the magic of Disney! :goodvibes

Made me tear up too! You hit the nail right on the head with that one for sure. THanks for sharing it with us (not that we needed convincing that you love Disney, of course...)

Awe! You made the EVIL ONE Cry!!!! :lmao: That was inspiring and magical all at the same time... Way to go Buffy!!!

That's the big winner in my book. I needed a tissue too :goodvibes

Will they accept votes from the disboards? You'd win for sure! :goodvibes

thanks everyone!!! Didn't mean to make ya'll cry.

I don't think they will accept votes from here though, I think ya'll are biased in your love for Disney too.

You captured it perfectly, Buffy.:goodvibes

Disney is magical. It is where my non-verbal child with autism said her first phrase at age 3, "I did it!" after her very first visit to Magic Kingdom. Yes, sweetie, did. Okay my turn to cry. It's no wonder we go time and time again.

Let us know when you win :goodvibes :goodvibes but based on "Mommy this is the bestest bacation ever", I'd say you already have won.:grouphug: Oh, nuts, there I go again. sniff, sniff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter