Need Help - Which will be the best night to book Palo

Nononetnet

Earning My Ears
This is going to be our first Disney Cruise, do not want to miss any of the restuarants. But DH and I would love to have dinner one evening for a few hours. When would be the best day to book Palo, we are doing the 4 night cruise (leaving Monday and returning Friday on the Disney Magic).

Thanks,
Net:woohoo:

This is going to be our first Disney Cruise, do not want to miss any of the restuarants. But DH and I would love to have dinner one evening for a few hours. When would be the best day to book Palo, we are doing the 4 night cruise (leaving Monday and returning Friday on the Disney Magic).

Thanks,
Net:woohoo:

Pirate Night!!!!

I too was wondering best night for Palo..... I have many theories for many nights in my head (bc I think too much and try to disguise it as planning, :lmao:)

I've heard many folks suggest Pirate night, but I'm not sure why? Because of the menu - which is said to be the same no matter which restaurant you are in?

We are sailing on a 7d, Fantasy in 2 weeks... so maybe my reasons won't really work with the reasons if sailing on a different cruise. BUT, here is what I thought:

1) Book Palo on our last night, which is also Castaway Cay day.
*** We know we have to be on the ship by 4:30ish, so we won't be rushed to leave to get ready for dinner +/or show. Great way to celebrate the last night on the cruise. We will have enjoyed all the other restaurants at this point. It is NOT Pirate night, so we get dressed for Palo and can stay dressed for bars, lounges, etc....
***Downfall, we will not be with our 'regular' servers to personally give them their tips and thank you notes/gifts, etc.

2) Book Palo on a day at sea/Formal night, since we are not the fanciest of folks and would probably only bring one formal outfit in our luggage.
***Why not combine 2 birds with one stone - or whatever that saying is:)

3) Maybe not coordinate it with our day activities and just book Palo for the night that we eat in Animator's Palate for the second time - but then I hear sometimes the show happens the second time, not the first time around.

I'm so confused by myself and all that I'm reading. So.... Why Palo on Pirate nightpirate:

I'm wondering the same thing. on the last DC I went on without the DH we were in Parrot cay two of the nights and that was the one I enjoyed the least. But I don't know what dining rotation we'll be on.

If you are concerned about which nite to reserve for dinner, consider doing the brunch at Palo. It's excellent. We actually enjoy it as much, if not a little bit more than the dinner. We tend to do the brunch so that we still have dinner time together as a family. We still get to have our "date" without the kids.

If you are concerned about which nite to reserve for dinner, consider doing the brunch at Palo. It's excellent. We actually enjoy it as much, if not a little bit more than the dinner. We tend to do the brunch so that we still have dinner time together as a family. We still get to have our "date" without the kids.

Great idea! I tired to look up the brunch menu and couldn't find it. Is it not offered on the Dream?

I too am curious about why many advise to book Palo on Pirate Night. We just booked our first Disney Cruise for May 2015 and I'm starting to dream/plan already :)

I too am curious about why many advise to book Palo on Pirate Night. We just booked our first Disney Cruise for May 2015 and I'm starting to dream/plan already :)

I'm booking Palo for Pirate night based on comments about the pirate menu not be all that great (apparently all MDRs have the same pirate themed menu). If you get a reservation for around 6 I think you can still make the early Mickey pirate show (if that's a factor) since that starts about 7:45.

And don't feel bad about early planning! - a lot of people on the boards are crazy/obsessed/excited like that too. I started planning after I booked 17 months out :)

My hubby and I also reserved Palo for a date night while we are at sea. Is this a good time to do it? If I don't get some adult time I might jump ship! LOL :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter