• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help!! Visit Sept or Oct??? 2005

MissMellie

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

I'm so excited to be visiting the World again this year. I haven't gone as much as some people on the board but I'm trying!!!

I usually go the middle of October but can go in September as well. I have a really good rate at the Poly for 10/3 for 8 nights but I hear there is a golf tournament at that time.

I also have heard that September is humid and hurricane season!! Yikes!

So, here are my questions:

1. Should I go in September or October

2. Do they start MNSSHP the beginning October-we went a couple of years ago and loved it!!

3. Is September more busy than October?? I would be going AFTER Labor Day of course.

Thanks everyone!!

Sept is a lot less crowded then Oct because Oct is MNSSHP at MK and the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

Last year the first MNSSHP was Sept 30th so yes they have them early.

Sept is hurricane season but so is Oct. It is more humid in Sept though but late Oct can sometime be chilly - it is hit or miss.

If you want to utilize the MNSSHP or Food and Wine Festival then I would do late Sept early Oct. If not, go right after Labor Day when the crowds are at their lowest. We went then and walked on everything - literally my daughter went on Dumbo 5x in a row!!!

We've been to WDW in both September and October.

Here's my comparisons:

* Better (Lower) Crowd Level: September

* Better Weather: October
(September is hot, humid, rainy, and hurricane season)

* Better Activities: October
(MNSSHP - although there is one on 09/30 - and the Food & Wine Festival)

* Lower Cost (Resort Rates): September (value season)
(October is regular season)

So, it depends on what your priorities are - crowd level, weather, cost.

Whatever month you choose - have a wonderful trip!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter