Need Help to Decide-Swim with the Dolphins

my3m

DIS Veteran
I got a reservation from Swim with the Dolphins and I needed to confirm this by Thursday. This is a very expensive excursion but I know its worth it and that's the reason why we want to do it. My question is, what if we are not able to go to Nassau because of hurricane, will DCL cancel it for us even though we did not book it from them (they dont have swim with the dolphin, they only have encounter). Please help. I will be paying $165 each person (for 3 and one observer). Thanks a lot

We will be swimming with the dolphins for the 2nd time when we cruise in Dec. We have asked what would happen if the ship had to change its itinerary. We were told that we would not be charged if we can not make it due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. ship not docking). I am going to bring the phone number & email address so I can let them know if something happens. This IS a very expensive excursion, but I wouldn't pass it up. It is just amazing & I have some photos that are priceless. I can't wait!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Is this only if you book through Disney? I just found out on the website of the Dolphin place that my daughter who is 3 is free and I was thinking about reistering through them then and saving myself $88!

At the Dolphin Encounters in Nassau you can do a Swim or an Encounter. You can go to their website at www.dolphinencounters.com to read the difference between the two. You can book the Encounter through Disney or directly with the Dolphin folks. The Swim has to be booked directly with the Dolphin people. Check out the website. It will answer a lot of questions. I personally prefer the Swim, but if you have younger kids, the Encounter probably would be better. Either way it is a wonderful thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter