Need help. Royal room at Por with roll in shower.

babydoll65

DIS Veteran
I booked the bounce back offer last week and taking my mom next September. I booked a royal room with roll in shower (standard view) at Port Orleans riverside but not sure how close it is to the bus and food court. Will upgrading to garden or river view be better??

Royal Rooms are only in the two green buildings on the bottom right (the U and the H). You might be a smidge closer to the actual area in a different view, but I don't think it'd be worth the upgrade, personally.

th

The Royal Rooms in general are not close to the Food Court or Bus stops. The upgrade would only get you front of the building instead of back. Portorleans.org has interactive maps that show you the exact placement of the accessible rooms if you want to check them out.

The Royal Rooms in general are not close to the Food Court or Bus stops. The upgrade would only get you front of the building instead of back. Portorleans.org has interactive maps that show you the exact placement of the accessible rooms if you want to check them out.

It has to be better than the alligator bayou section. We were in building #17. Though not exactly close. I belong to the port Orleans site but hardy anyone talks on those forums.

Royal Rooms are only in the two green buildings on the bottom right (the U and the H). You might be a smidge closer to the actual area in a different view, but I don't think it'd be worth the upgrade, personally.

th

Thanks for the map. Looks pretty close to the main building. Though I know it's not guaranteed but I had them note on my reservation that I would prefer Oak manor.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago; Royal w/ roll-in shower. Our room was river view; we love the boats at POR/POFQ, so river view is almost a "must" for us! :) Our room also had the luxury of being a corner room, which I love! I know it's silly, but it makes me so much happier to have that extra window! (Can you say "claustrophobia" boys and girls? I knew you could!)

Pros - the Royal room was a "bucket list" item for us. It was another one of our infamous Mother/Daughter trips; no boys allowed! so it was "all princesses, all the time" on this trip!

Cons - we love the Port Orleans resorts in general, however, our room was situated in such a place that we felt it was kind of inconvienent to get back and forth to the QS and the bus stops in front of Fulton's. (we preferred to use those stops simply because we were usually coming from the food court anyway). To get over to the main building, we had to run a serpentine course every time, despite being able to see a much shorter, more direct route, we would have had to carry my ECV down the steps to reach it.

The other major issue we had was simply with the threshold of the room. As with all Value and Moderate rooms at WDW, the door opens to the sidewalk and the outside world, necessitating a strong threshold. The one in our doorway felt a bit "taller" than others we have had in the past (perhaps it had been recently changed?) and so "bumping" over it a couple of times a day began to take it's toll on me. It sounds like a little thing, but it did drive home to me how much I prefer the indoor corridors and smoother entryways of the Deluxe resorts, especially for longer stays like we had (10 days).

One final note: This was a "bucket list" room for us; we will likely not stay in a Royal room again (until maybe I have my own tiny granddaughter to spoil!) simply because by the end of the trip we would have been insane. The room is very heavily themed, which looks and sounds great on the surface, but after the first 5 days we were thrilled to move off to the Cabins at Ft Wilderness, simply to get some relief. Admittedly, I believe that those rooms were intended to be occupied by princesses of a slightly *younger* age group, and probably for a shorter duration, but nevertheless - we found that we need a visual "break". YMMV.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago; Royal w/ roll-in shower. Our room was river view; we love the boats at POR/POFQ, so river view is almost a "must" for us! :) Our room also had the luxury of being a corner room, which I love! I know it's silly, but it makes me so much happier to have that extra window! (Can you say "claustrophobia" boys and girls? I knew you could!)

Pros - the Royal room was a "bucket list" item for us. It was another one of our infamous Mother/Daughter trips; no boys allowed! so it was "all princesses, all the time" on this trip!

Cons - we love the Port Orleans resorts in general, however, our room was situated in such a place that we felt it was kind of inconvienent to get back and forth to the QS and the bus stops in front of Fulton's. (we preferred to use those stops simply because we were usually coming from the food court anyway). To get over to the main building, we had to run a serpentine course every time, despite being able to see a much shorter, more direct route, we would have had to carry my ECV down the steps to reach it.

The other major issue we had was simply with the threshold of the room. As with all Value and Moderate rooms at WDW, the door opens to the sidewalk and the outside world, necessitating a strong threshold. The one in our doorway felt a bit "taller" than others we have had in the past (perhaps it had been recently changed?) and so "bumping" over it a couple of times a day began to take it's toll on me. It sounds like a little thing, but it did drive home to me how much I prefer the indoor corridors and smoother entryways of the Deluxe resorts, especially for longer stays like we had (10 days).

One final note: This was a "bucket list" room for us; we will likely not stay in a Royal room again (until maybe I have my own tiny granddaughter to spoil!) simply because by the end of the trip we would have been insane. The room is very heavily themed, which looks and sounds great on the surface, but after the first 5 days we were thrilled to move off to the Cabins at Ft Wilderness, simply to get some relief. Admittedly, I believe that those rooms were intended to be occupied by princesses of a slightly *younger* age group, and probably for a shorter duration, but nevertheless - we found that we need a visual "break". YMMV.

I was there a few years back, we were in the alligator bayou section (building#17) wbich, according to the map is further away from the food court than the Royal rooms so as long as it's no more than a ten minute walk, I'm good. My mother will have a scooter so it should make it easier on her. I was looking at Coronado springs but they don't have the type of room I need for her available plus, that resort is MUCH bigger than Por so I guess ill just stick to what I have.

Agree with the theming. My parents called it the "ugliest hotel room they've ever seen." My kids liked the headboard, but it really is over the top, even by Disney standards.

If the standard with roll in shower is near the center of the building, there is a walkway through the center that is convenient. So even if you are on the farther parking lot side of the building, you can cut through.

Face it - only the closest buildings (14, 15, 18, 27) are close. The rest are a bit of a walk. Sometimes the walk is uphill for a good period of time!
We go to Riverside for the atmosphere - not to be close to the main building. Walk & enjoy the scenery. It is absolutely beautiful there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter