Need Help - Room Decorating for DD 7th B-Day

lilaurora

Mouseketeer
We're leaving for Disney World right after Thanksgiving and are staying at Wilderness Lodge. While we're there, we will be celebrating DD's 7 birthday. :woohoo:

The day of her birthday, we are planning on celebrating partly by ordering some balloons from Disney Florist.

So two questions:

1 - Does one the adults need to be in our room to receive the delivery? We were kind of hoping to have the balloon bouquet to be a surprise when we came back from the parks in the afternoon.

2 - Any ideas on how to decorate the room? I thought finding an excuse to return to the room alone in the morning (like, "oops - forgot something!", or the like) so that the decorating would also be a surprise. BUT, I am having the darnedest time trying to think of things to decorate with that wouldn't leave a mark (like tape).

We're flying down so anything we bring with us will need to be fairly compact. Any thoughts or suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks! :)

We're leaving for Disney World right after Thanksgiving and are staying at Wilderness Lodge. While we're there, we will be celebrating DD's 7 birthday. :woohoo:

The day of her birthday, we are planning on celebrating partly by ordering some balloons from Disney Florist.

So two questions:

1 - Does one the adults need to be in our room to receive the delivery? We were kind of hoping to have the balloon bouquet to be a surprise when we came back from the parks in the afternoon.

2 - Any ideas on how to decorate the room? I thought finding an excuse to return to the room alone in the morning (like, "oops - forgot something!", or the like) so that the decorating would also be a surprise. BUT, I am having the darnedest time trying to think of things to decorate with that wouldn't leave a mark (like tape).

We're flying down so anything we bring with us will need to be fairly compact. Any thoughts or suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Have the balloons delivered to the front desk, and then find an excuse to go back, pick them up, and decorate the room. You can use curling ribbon to tie up a banner to the cutain rod, then the balloons and a little confetti, the room will be perfect.

I had a delivery of a bag filled with candy and it was in the room. No need to be present. I decorated the room door every night for what we were celebrating the next day. Kids were passed out. So was hubby. I used brown masking art tape so I would not leave any residue on door. As far as the balloons there might be enough places to wrap it around. In the Wilderness there is the adjoining door handle, chairs, bunk beds, mirrors, bathroom door handle, handle on drawers, etc.

You could bring your own balloons and blow them up at night and tie them to things in the room.
you could make your own decorations on Creative DISign board here. This is a pic of our door at different times.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MvzPznKH8UU/TpvM7BE4N5I/AAAAAAAAAec/Wjk9TZkH6Dk/s576/IMG_4407.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-iphWnzwB8qQ/Tq1qNBZEhqI/AAAAAAAAB_Q/CO1ASbFsx9w/s576/IMG_1604.JPG

Hope all goes well with your celebration.

Disney florist will deliver to your room while you're out. I think they can also do things like sprinkling confetti. I'm not sure yup want to spend time doing much more - your dd will be plenty surprised!

I knew the DIS crew would come through for me! Thank you for the advice and the neat ideas on how to decorate. Only 27 days to go! :banana:

On our last trip I used the Disney Florist twice.

Before leaving from home I ordered us a welcome back fruit basket. That order was not delivered to our room. I had to go to the desk at AKL and pick it up. (Still miffed about it. Staying at a Deluxe and no package waiting notification... and no room delivery by bellman. Oh well...bygones.)

The second order was also to the AKL. It was a Mickey and Friends basket of 5 plush toys in a Mickey shaped basket to cheer up my child after she got sick the third day into a very long trip. I was in the hallway thanking the hotel doctor and an employee from the Disney Florist hand delivered the basket.

So all I can say is wish for the best and if your order is not in your room plan on calling the front desk to track it down. Worse case scenario you'll have to pick it up from the front desk in person. Hope that helps.

We are using the cricut (SP?) to cut out 'Happy 8th Birthday' and using both the letters and the paper cut out in different ways. I purchased a Happy Birthday banner also. I have suction cups to attach things to windows and mirror. Secretly (well, not so secretly, since I am posting here!) that it will bring a little extra magic from the mousekeepers!

How about ordering a cake. 407-938-3070. A six inch decorated with a flower and personalized with a name used to run under $20. Be sure to ask. I believe they also do special order fondant cakes but those go for $$$.

If you have a word processor at home you can create a birthday letter for your daughter and paste in an image of Mickey's autograph. There is one on this thread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2472535

You can also order or visit a party supply place. Party City has a lifesize cardboard cutout of Mickey. Hanging cutouts and printed crepe paper you can buy to decorate the room. The Disney Florist also has a birthday package for princesses for just over $400. Hope that helps

We are using the cricut (SP?) to cut out 'Happy 8th Birthday' and using both the letters and the paper cut out in different ways. I purchased a Happy Birthday banner also. I have suction cups to attach things to windows and mirror. Secretly (well, not so secretly, since I am posting here!) that it will bring a little extra magic from the mousekeepers!

I don't have a cricut, but I do have a quick kutz. I hadn't even thought about using it. I'll have to check my stock of dies to see what fun stuff I can come up with! And the suction cups are a super idea. :)

How about ordering a cake. 407-938-3070. A six inch decorated with a flower and personalized with a name used to run under $20. Be sure to ask. I believe they also do special order fondant cakes but those go for $$$.

If you have a word processor at home you can create a birthday letter for your daughter and paste in an image of Mickey's autograph. There is one on this thread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2472535

You can also order or visit a party supply place. Party City has a lifesize cardboard cutout of Mickey. Hanging cutouts and printed crepe paper you can buy to decorate the room. The Disney Florist also has a birthday package for princesses for just over $400. Hope that helps

I've been drooling over the cakes over on the cake thread! They are so adorable! Maybe I'll have to call over to the Wilderness Lodge Private Dining to see what reasonable priced cakes they could do. For decorations, I had just checked out Target and Walmart and ended up getting some crepe paper. I've never hung any up without tape before, but maybe I could use some curling ribbon to make a loop around the ends?? I'll also make sure to check out Party City here in town to see what they've got.

I've also looked at that super spectacular princess package. I know when I was 7 I would have fallen in love with it and I think my DD would, too. Unfortunately, when we upgraded to WL from CSR, any extra fun money went away. However, this is DD's very first trip to WDW, so I hope with that plus all the princess meals planned she'll still have a great birthday to remember! :goodvibes

Thanks again to everyone who's responded back to me. I really appreciate all your time and ideas you've shared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter