• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help - Repair Shop

Byrnes

Earning My Ears
Just broke down 30 minutes from the Fort :(. Waiting on tow truck. Need recommendations on where to take it. We are on 429 near the Turnpike. Not the way we wanted to start vacation.

I hope by now everything is fixed.
If not, is it a truck, MH or exactly what is broken down?

Hopefully you are all set and on your way again. Not a good way to start a vacation. I can sympathize, we blew an engine in our MH going from MA to the Fort some years ago.
Probably not helpful at this point, but consider joining the Good Sam Road Service Club. It is more reasonable than AAA. You can cover all vehicles in your family and their service is exceptional. They will always sent the proper equipment (even if you have a large MH) and ensure that your vehicles get to a competent repair facility. We have been members for over 20 years. Fortunatley only needed to use it for RV issues twice, along with the flat tire jump start type of service on our automobiles. I can't say enough about the plan'

I also hope all is fixed by now and you are enjoying some disney magic.

FYI. On last trip to fort 2 years ago we had tire blowout on our 5th wheel about 1 hr north of orlando. We had spare and got back on road but for safety going home we went to greenburg rv to buy new tires for camper. They were professional quick and accomodating.

Pixie dust to you!!
pixiedust:

We have a class A Monaco diesel pusher. We have roadside assistance with our insurance carrier so that wasn't a problem. We got a cab and went to the Fairfield... ouch! $45 for a cab a 20 min cab ride. The insurance company had it towed to the RV Doctor in Clermont. We thought all was well until this morning when we called the Dr. and he said he is no longer in business. He looked out his window (yes his home) and there sat our RV. The tow company dropped our unit off in some guys yard during the middle of the night.

On the phone with our insurance company again. They finally admitted they were wrong and have dispatched another tow company to take it to the Fort. We are in contact with a mobile RV service that will evaluate the problem today.

I will update later with the name of the company and the diagnosis. Thanks to those that have responded. Wish us luck!

I will update later with the name of the company and the diagnosis. Thanks to those that have responded. Wish us luck!

pixiedust:

We used this guy once, he was good. Master RV Mobile Service 407-348-0862.
This is another friends used also good
Camping Connection 407-397-2267.

Thanks 2goofy. Not sure what company my husband talked to...he is off dealing with other stuff now while I entertain the kids.

I didn't mention earlier, but we thought we had smoke billowing out of the back but it turned out to be steam. Hopefully that means that the problem isn't as big as engine problems.

So glad it will be towed to the Fort....much easier to keep kids entertained. Good luck on the rest going smoother!

America choice, Clearmont just a few miles away, a large rv dealer on hi way 27. We broke down and they let us stay the night free they had rv spots in their storage area. They were great to us..

OK, checked in, we are in the 500 loop. RV at site and problem diagnosed by Orlando Emergency Roadside Assistance. Belt broke off the water pump and the coolant tank was half melted. The tech said he has never seen this before. Hoping there is no engine damage. Only time and $$$ will tell.

OK, checked in, we are in the 500 loop. RV at site and problem diagnosed by Orlando Emergency Roadside Assistance. Belt broke off the water pump and the coolant tank was half melted. The tech said he has never seen this before. Hoping there is no engine damage. Only time and $$$ will tell.

Wow. Good luck - let's hope that's all it is. pixiedust:

Bama Ed

Oh no, so sorry about your troubles. We've had our share of problems on the road with our various RV's so can well understand your frustrations and anxiety. Hope the repair $$'s won't be too 'harsh'.

The best of luck to you! pixiedust:

So sorry you broke down. I hope you can still enjoy your vacation. I hope it's a quick and easy fix.

Sorry to hear you had issues going down. Hopefully no major damage and you shutdown in time. I have never heard of the coolant resevior melting, but if a bearing on one of the items for the drive belt siezed neaby it could create enough heat to melt it before taking out the drive belt.

I hope you can enjoy some magic as you work through the breakdown. Great job on insurance for stepping up and doing something about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter