• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help quickly re: St. Thomas!

DisneyMomforLife

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!!

Need a little help:

We are cruising in 2 1/2 weeks on the Magic and I was not able to secure Sea Trek at Coral World via DCL but did call them directly and was able to get only a 1pm time for Sea Trek.

If I take it, will that be enough time to get us back onboard without messing things up?

If I'm not mistaken, St. Thomas is only until 4:30 ... so I'm really wondering if we will have enough time??

Thoughts please!!

kat

don't know how long of an excursion that is but the 4:30 time is "aboard", not "sail" time. I usually book excursions outside of the cruise line...we sail on the Magic this coming Saturday and I have booked a catamaran tour in St. Thomas that doesn't get back until 4:00 pm. I am comfortable that we'll be back on the ship in time...our tour operator knows about the schedules. Hope that helps.

You should be fine if you leave right after your tour. We did Sea Trek in 2004 and loved it. The entire thing only takes about an hour and then about 1/2 hour taxi ride back. You may even have time for a little shopping at the pier.

Hello everyone!!

Need a little help:

We are cruising in 2 1/2 weeks on the Magic and I was not able to secure Sea Trek at Coral World via DCL but did call them directly and was able to get only a 1pm time for Sea Trek.

If I take it, will that be enough time to get us back onboard without messing things up?

If I'm not mistaken, St. Thomas is only until 4:30 ... so I'm really wondering if we will have enough time??

Thoughts please!!
Kat

Hi Kat,
I didn't know if you knew this, but there are six ships in St Thomas that day, so just make sure you leave enough time to get back to the ship. I would think there might be lots of traffic due to all the ships in town that day.
Vickie

We went to CW and Coki in 06 and the taxi was a good 30 minutes back. There will be many waiting to get you back.

When we were there, there were two late families that were not back by the posted time and they blew the ships horn a good 3 times early - during the "sail-away" party. They came a running a little later.

The RCCL next too us enjoyed our deck party and horn. We were between a RCCL and a CCL. It was very cool how we slid out!

Sorry - remembering -- got off topic there! We'll be on the Magic the week before you - wishing it were an Eastern!

don't know how long of an excursion that is but the 4:30 time is "aboard", not "sail" time. I usually book excursions outside of the cruise line...we sail on the Magic this coming Saturday and I have booked a catamaran tour in St. Thomas that doesn't get back until 4:00 pm. I am comfortable that we'll be back on the ship in time...our tour operator knows about the schedules. Hope that helps.

Hi Trish! We sail this Saturday as well. I haven't seen you on the Meet Thread. Come join us immediately after the drill on deck ten overlooking the pool.

I would allow an hour to get back from Coral World. It is very easy to get a taxi quickly, but traffic does get bad, especially as it get close to boarding time. Last week (spring break) the taxi from Coral World to the ship took us nearly 45 minutes.

Hi Kat,
I didn't know if you knew this, but there are six ships in St Thomas that day, so just make sure you leave enough time to get back to the ship. I would think there might be lots of traffic due to all the ships in town that day.
Vickie

We're also docking at the sub base.

For those who have been to Coral World. Could you walk to Coki beach from Coral World? Was it a good beach to hang out on for the afternoon? And then was there a taxi to get you back to the ship? Finally did you enjoy the day? We have always done a ship tour on some kind of sail boat and loved then all! This trip we are thinking of trying something a bit different. Thanks so much for the help!

Coral World is directly connected to Coki Beach, just steps from each other. We have gone to Coki 3 times because we love it. It does get crowded and the beach is fairly small but we never felt cramped or crowded. It's geat because little kids can easily snorkle there since the fish come so close to the beach. We always bring our own masks so no worries trying to rent them. We also always got my daughters hair done while at the beach. The same women were there year after year which was nice. No one selling too hard either. Once you say no you're not really asked again.

The taxi area is in the little space between Coki and Coral World. There have always been several taxis there waiting for people to leave. One thing you must do is allow enough time to get back to the ship. Traffic gets really bad at the time you need to get back to the ship. Schools let out about that time which adds to the congestion. Other than allowing time it's the perfect excursion to do on your own.

Is there a sail away party from each port?

Because they leave St. Thomas early they do from there. It was a lot of fun and it was showing off to the other ships in port. The rails of that RCCL were covered with people watching the Magic's party.

For those who have been to Coral World. Could you walk to Coki beach from Coral World? Was it a good beach to hang out on for the afternoon? And then was there a taxi to get you back to the ship? Finally did you enjoy the day? We have always done a ship tour on some kind of sail boat and loved then all! This trip we are thinking of trying something a bit different. Thanks so much for the help!

We have been to St. Thomas on our own also and love Coki Beach. Very pretty and good snorkeling. Locals will offer chairs and drinks but are not as pushy as on St. M. I did not leave anything valuable when we where in the water. The walk to Coki is less than the length of the Magic! Nice shady board walk.

Coki.jpg

Coki
APSBurt-R3-007-2.jpg

Snorkel Area
apsBurt-R5-E108.jpg

Coki
apsBurt-R5-E107.jpg

DD on Coki

Thank-you for the pictures! Your DD is a doll! It looks like a beautiful beach and a nice way to spend the afternoon.

hmmm...so all aboard time in St. Thomas is 5:15? Thought it was 4:30; If true, that would be less stressful for us since our excursion isn't over until 4:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter