Need Help- Port Orleans a Riverside Standard Royal Or AK Standard??

Madi's Mom

Mouseketeer
Traveling in August with 4 16 year old girls, my DH and myself. We are currently booked at Port Orleans in 2 royal rooms but with summer discount we could change to 2 standard rooms at AK lodge. We are torn. Need some help from anyone who's stayed at these resorts before

We stayed at riverside last year and hated it. Rooms were dirty and we had bugs in room. Go with AK. I've heard good things.

I have nothing against POR Royal at all. I've stayed there and liked it but I would definitely go for the AKL Standard :)

Both are very nice but I would probably always opt for a deluxe resort b/c of amenities.
Also, more private bathroom set-up at AKL PLUS 30 extra square feet :thumbsup2

AKL is gorgeous!

Traveling in August with 4 16 year old girls, my DH and myself. We are currently booked at Port Orleans in 2 royal rooms but with summer discount we could change to 2 standard rooms at AK lodge. We are torn. Need some help from anyone who's stayed at these resorts before

I agree with the others to go with AKL. We've never stayed at POR, but we love everything about AKL.

We have stayed at both and we love both. AKL is certainly unique and if the girls love animals - its a no-brainer. We love POR also. They have the boat to Downtown Disney for a change of pace from the busses. They have bike rentals and a campfire with marshmallows at night. They also have movies at night (Not sure if AKL DOES?-maybe at Kidani?). These activities will provide the girls with things to do during resort time.
The other thing to consider are their eating habits. POR has a much better food court with more options if any of the girls are picky.
To me, the rooms don't seem any bigger at AKL because of the set-up.

Go with AKL, no question! A couple of years ago, I stayed AKL with my family (2 rooms) and our "Standard" view rooms turned out to have sweeping Savannah views, it was amazing! Even if your view isn't as good, the resort (imo) is the most gorgeous resort at Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter