• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help: Pop Century or POR

Yzerbear19

I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)
I got the pin email yesterday and am trying to decide between Pop and POR for our trip in late April/early May for my birthday. With the pin rates there is only about $280 between the two. We've stayed at Pop our last two trips and really like it. I like that I know my way and that is is familar. But I think POR is beautiful and it would be a lot of fun to stay there. But we really only use our hotel room for sleeping, showering, etc. We tend to spend most of our time at the parks. So spending more on the room would seem a waste since we won't be in the room much. I keep going back and forth and just can't decide. Part of me wants to save the money and go with Pop since it is familar. Then the other part wants to go with POR since this is a special birthday. Help!!!

POR! We stayed there last Aug, and loved it. Had a great location in Magnolia Terrace right next to quiet pool, bus stop and walkway over to main pool. Rooms are larger, fridge, coffee, double sinks, great theming, evening entertainment in River Roost Lounge. Boat to DTD. Great food court.
You may want to spend some more time at the resort if you stay here!
We get to the parks at opening, come back to our resort for mid day break around 2 or 3 ish, then have dinner and go to a park with EMH at night.

Wow..... if you really like POP then don't even worry about the deal, just consider it 280 dollars for spending! Once we went moderate we never went back to POP, considered it but went to another moderate instead, and now we have done them all except FQ which we are doing in March!
We LOVED LOVED POR, we also stayed in Magnolia terrace in building 85 and it was great, very close to the main pool, a great bus stop and has it's own quiet pool with the laundry there.
We also love the boat to downtown disney, and being able to use the pool at FQ and slipping over there for some of their beignets for snack!!
If you use the pool alot the main pool is great also, with a good waterslide. It's very lush there and very different from POP.
Wherever you stay though, you are at disney and it will be fun so make the decision that works for you and don't look back. enjoy

POR! We stayed there last Aug, and loved it. Had a great location in Magnolia Terrace right next to quiet pool, bus stop and walkway over to main pool. Rooms are larger, fridge, coffee, double sinks, great theming, evening entertainment in River Roost Lounge. Boat to DTD. Great food court.
You may want to spend some more time at the resort if you stay here!
We get to the parks at opening, come back to our resort for mid day break around 2 or 3 ish, then have dinner and go to a park with EMH at night.

I agree! For just $280.00 there's no way I'd turn a moderate down. At PORS the covered bus stops with benches, ceiling fans, fridge, coffee pot, boat to DTD, and lush theming is worth more than that. Plus it's so much quieter and less hectic than POP and the bus stops are closer to the front of the park than Pop's, which is great for tired tooties coming out of the parrks at night.

I'll be at PORS May 1st-9th and didn't even get a code. lol

I agree! For just $280.00 there's no way I'd turn a moderate down. At PORS the covered bus stops with benches, ceiling fans, fridge, coffee pot, boat to DTD, and lush theming is worth more than that. Plus it's so much quieter and less hectic than POP and the bus stops are closer to the front of the park than Pop's, which is great for tired tooties coming out of the parrks at night.

I'll be at PORS May 1st-9th and didn't even get a code. lol
How are you getting $280? I have tried my dates not long after yours in May and for 7 days I get $500 more than a value every single time.

For such a small difference in money, I for sure would choose POR. When we add in an extra trip during the year and deluxe is not in reach of our bank accounts, we are always happy to reserve POR. Gorgeous relaxing setting, nice restaurant as well as a great selection in their food court.

I have stayed at both POP and POFQ and with the minimal cost difference I would totally upgrade. Why not? You might not get another opportunity to try the MODs for this price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter