Need help planning honeymoon!

auburnlynne

Earning My Ears
My DF and I are getting married July 3, 2007 and we are thinking of going on our honeymoon on July 5th to Disney. We want to stay at the GF but I have some questions. Will it be really really hot there at that time? Will it be really crowded at that time? We would like one of those rooms with the balcony that you can see the castle from, is that the Magic Kingdom view? Also I see that a garden room view is cheaper, I have heard people say that they have gotten upgraded because it is their honeymoon, is that something I can maybe get done when I book it or is it a chance when you check in? Also When it comes to booking should I go directly through Disney or is there a better way to get a good deal? I know people talk about "specails" and "codes" but where do I find them? And if I do find them can I tell Disney about what I have found and they would let me book with it? Also what happens if after I book a "specail" comes out, can I call and they will adjust me? We will problary be using the dinning plan, can anyone recomend some great places to eat on it? Or maybe somewhere where I can look at some sample menus of some of the places so we can plan before we get there? Also I heard if you book with Disney that you can make payments on line to pay for your trip, does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

I will help you answer a few of these....

In June & July it is VERY VERY hot
It is also VERY crowded (Kids are out of school- vacation time)
Don't ever plan on the free hotel room upgrade- it is a chance you take when you check in.
If I were you I would pay the 45 dollar fee and become a AAA member. Book through them... and keep an eye on the Budget Board- where people watch for codes. Codes are a mix of numbers and letters... give the codes to your agent once you see them (which wont probobly be until atleast march of next year). (A code alone saved me over $300.00 not to mention what AAA did for me). IF you book through AAA and a special comes out you can certainly get that adjusted.

I dont know anything about a payment plan...

For menu's go to www.wdwinfo.com (the homepage) and look under dining at menu's.... its easy to figure out. Also at the top of this page is a search engine... you can look there for good reviews on places to eat- also check out the dining board- that will be your best bet for a variety of opinions.

Hope I was of some help!

Maggimus hit most of your questions, but just thought I'd add my two cents: another great site for menus is <http://allears.net/din/dining.htm>. They break it down by location, so that's pretty helpful.

We live in Orlando and I can vouch that we try not to venture outdoors at all from June through August. Not only is it hot, but very humid as well. Like Maggimus said, it's also very busy with all the kids running around. A Disneymoon in July can be done, but just make sure to factor in "naptimes" at your hotel so you don't overwhelm yourselves.

Good luck with your decision!

Like others have said it will be very HOT and very CROWDED. There is sometimes a chance of being upgraded because of a honeymoon but you would have no way of knowing until you checked in and with it being such a busy time chances of a room being available for an upgrade are slim. Also there are specials and codes available but if you purchase a package (since you want the dining plan and that is the only way) you have to pay rack rate for your room.. ie. full price.

I went through AAA and got the dining plan- with them I still saved, not to mention the code then knocked off $300.00 more dollars. I had locked in my transaction in the beginning and already paid in full once I heard about the $300.00. I called my agent and she then credited my credit card account (which i used to pay with in the beginning) that 300 or so back. Just because you get the dining plan in a package will not mean you cant still save money. In fact- it didnt effect me at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter