Need help picking an MK restaurant!

Holstar

Have faith in your dreams <3
Hello!

We're provisionally booked in for Liberty Tavern for the 28th of August, but, having read a few reviews for dinner I'm starting to have my doubts.

We already have reservations for that week for BOG and CT, is there anywhere else you'd pick in MK over Liberty Tavern? We'd prefer to stay in the park, as we're hoping to finish dinner an hour or so before Wishes starts at 10pm!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and whilst I'm asking for help - just a quick question about Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party! We're due to arrive on the 22nd of August - so I worked out my +10 days would take me until the 31st... I think. Is it the date you arrive (22nd) and then +10 days, or does your arrival day count as one of your +10 days?

The only reason I ask is that I've been allowed to book CRT for the 1st of September (which would be our 11th day after arrival), but I can't book the dessert party - the date just isn't clickable!

UPDATE RE Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party - I've just spoken to Disney and they've said I can only book the dessert party 90 days in advance? I asked why it was that I could book for the 31st of August (189 days in advance) if that was the case and she said it was an 'error'? Aahhhhh! I'm so confused!

xxx

We enjoy the LTT. For TS in MK there are not a ton of options. Tony's on Main Street serves Italian food, and CP is a buffet. I would stick with LTT or look at dining on the monorail loop so you are still close. Or better yer just do CS

I know you mentioned wanting to stay in the park, but as a previous poster suggested, there are some good choices on the monorail loop.

We recently went to the Grand Floridian Café and really enjoyed it. Good food and a very nice atmosphere to relax and take a break before going back into the park. They have a decent kids menu and when we went the server offered to make whatever our son wanted even if it wasn't on the menu.

Kona Café at the Poly is also a good choice.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

I've just gone over our plans for the millionth time and realised that we're doing Wishes twice - once at California Grill and then a Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party (hopefully!) - so... I may just find a nice restaurant outside of MK and give Wishes a miss that night!

xx

How about LTT for lunch instead? I think the lunch menu is far better than the family style plates served at dinner.

I think I would keep LTT. If you're thinking that you might want something lighter, then you could switch to the Plaza. Or, as a PP suggested, you could have lunch at LTT (delicious!) and then have a quick service dinner (we love doing this as we feel it gives us more flexibility in the evening at MK).

I would say Liberty tree is best option at MK, we usually try to eat there twice, but we prefer lunch. If you've ate there before and not fond Maybe do a quick service and try a new restaurant or favorite

OMG LTT is awesome. It is a must do for all of us every trip-just there in January!!!!

Wishing I was there now,
Linda

I think we'll definitely try it for lunch!

Are there any counter service places that are particularly amazing?

Columbia Harbour House is pretty good as far as counter service places go. We really like their seating area upstairs, too. Pecos Bill's is not bad either.

I personally would be fine with 2 Wishes experiences! Go ahead and get yourselves out of the park and at a nice monorail resort dinner before the exodus from the park ensues. Personally, I can only handle that once per trip! ;)

Hello!

We're provisionally booked in for Liberty Tavern for the 28th of August, but, having read a few reviews for dinner I'm starting to have my doubts.

We already have reservations for that week for BOG and CT, is there anywhere else you'd pick in MK over Liberty Tavern? We'd prefer to stay in the park, as we're hoping to finish dinner an hour or so before Wishes starts at 10pm!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and whilst I'm asking for help - just a quick question about Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party! We're due to arrive on the 22nd of August - so I worked out my +10 days would take me until the 31st... I think. Is it the date you arrive (22nd) and then +10 days, or does your arrival day count as one of your +10 days?

The only reason I ask is that I've been allowed to book CRT for the 1st of September (which would be our 11th day after arrival), but I can't book the dessert party - the date just isn't clickable!

UPDATE RE Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party - I've just spoken to Disney and they've said I can only book the dessert party 90 days in advance? I asked why it was that I could book for the 31st of August (189 days in advance) if that was the case and she said it was an 'error'? Aahhhhh! I'm so confused!

xxx

You can definitely book the Dessert Party more than 90 days out. I did. I did it close to the 180 mark. Granted, I had AKL IPO do it for me, but they just use the same system as everyone else and you get no special advanced booking privies for going through the IPO (just lazy privies).

I have not tried LTT for dinner, having only done lunch. We have enjoyed the last couple times we went there for lunch.

I enjoyed the Crystal Palace. Am I the only one who is in love with Disney's chicken nuggets? lmao i purged on them there

We find LTT just ok. We did it a lot years ago as a character meal, but not really for the food. We do like CP and with three girls, they might like that too. It you want to leave the park, there are tons of choices on the mono-rail loop. We like Ohana a lot. We also like to take the boat over to fort wilderness and do trails end buffet. A really yummy home style meal and it's lower priced if you are not on the DDP.

We had lunch at LTT and really enjoyed it. So much so, we are planning on dining there again this fall. We had the pot roast & pilgrims feast, and both were wonderful. I don't recall what the kids had, but they both enjoyed their meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter