need help on wii game for DD8

jeepgirl30

DIS Veteran
Santa brought the kids (DS6 and DD8) a wii for Christmas. He also brought two games, Mario Karts and Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels.

DS and well me (!) are obsessed. We love the wii. We love Mario Karts the best, could play it for hours.

Problem is DD8. She is less than thrilled and feels the wii was more of a present for DS than her. She says Santa only brought boy games. She does play the games but really does poor on mario karts. I think she gets upset because she is really bad at it, comes in last almost every time. I even tried to let her beat me but it was taking way too long! She does decent with bowling but is horrible with Tennis and Golf.

She has a DS and likes Tinkerbelle, HSM, Nintendogs, etc. I'd like to get a wii game she would enjoy too.

However, with Christmas I need a super budget idea! I would also like one that she has to move. She tends to be sedatary and I'd really like to see her more active. I thought the wii would help out.

So what action games would be a "girl" game? I suggested Cooking Mama but she said that would be more for DS too since he likes to cook with me! She is really jealous of her brother these days.

What kind of controller is your DD using in Mario Kart?

I ask, because I simply cannot stand the Wii Wheel. I LOVE using a game cube controller. That might really help her with control, so she can do better, and beat her brother!

I can't really suggest girl games, as I have all boys. But, everyone just loves mario kart so much in our house (including me). It does get frustrating to lose though, because it's a lot about memorizing those tracks.

First off, do not get the HSM sing along game. It is not fun at all.

The games that my DD enjoys could be considered boy games too, I guess. Her favorites are MarioKart and Mario Party 8.

Try renting Cooking Mama & see if she enjoys that. I thought that it was dumb, but my daughter enjoyed it.

My dd likes these, they are one player games,
Animal Crossing
My Sims Kingdom

She also likes MarioKart and Cooking Mama. She has the HSM sing it and Hannah MOntana World Tour but she wants to trade those in for My Sims Wii or outdoor challenge.

My dd9 loves to play Carnival Games and Monkey Balls (it has alot of small games within it...like jumping rope).

We hated HSM Sing It also. To me, Cooking Mama is just plain dumb, but my kids like it. Animal Crossing is another favorite with my daughter. Mine both loved Mario Galaxy when we got it, but they like Mario Kart better, so it doesn't get played as much anymore, but they still like it.

Honestly though, my son plays the Wii more, and my daughter prefers her DS. She likes the Wii, but given a preference, she just enjoys the DS better.

My just turned 9 year old loves the Cooking Mama games along with Animal Crossing, Disney Sing It, and the Tamogochi games

My DD (13) likes Animal Crossing, Carnival, Big Brain Academy, and Outdoor Challenge (which has a mat similar to DDR). She also really likes Wii Fit.

Is there someplace nearby that allows you to rent games? (Around here, our library has a small selection and I can also rent from Blockbuster.) If so, I would take her to pick out a few that she thinks she might like and let her try them out. Once she finds a couple she likes, you can go buy them. If there is a Game Stop near by, you can buy a lot of games second hand (we've done that a lot.)

What about Warioware or Big Brain Academy? I personally don't like video games that much but I enjoy the lego games when my DS makes me play. Unfortunately, they are boy topics - Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman. But they are kind of fun.

My 9 yo DD enjoys the Monkeyball games. She also likes playing Lego Star wars with her brother. Older DD likes the sport games, tennis, ping pong, etc.

DD 9 likes the MySims game - unfortunately it is pretty sedentary!! We have Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones, which she plays with DH - but again both are not active games.

Sorry I'm not much help!

You might want to try Wii Cheer or All-Star Cheer. Both are simulation games where you are a cheerleader. I do not have either one, so I don't know if they are good are not. Maybe someone here has it.

What about the Disney Wii Princess game. It might not get her up and moving but it would definitely classify as a girls' game! It is also one of the cheaper games, I think it runs 19.99 new!

I second the vote for the disney princess wii game.

:wizard:

DD11 loves her cooking Mama games for DS but did not enjoy the Wii version. Thankfully we had rented it. We recently rented the All Star Cheer, older DD13 enjoyed it a lot, DD11 enjoyed it when no one was looking, lol. Both did All Star Cheerleading for years, DD11 now claims to hate it, so it was a hoot to see her enjoying herself when no one was around to see! She just bought Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii (we have the old PS2 version). The one for Wii is more challenging, uses the nunchuck as well as the Wii mote. I highly recommend renting any game first, we have Mario Galaxy because it was the must have last year, they won't play it. same thing with Tiger Woods Golf '08, had to have it (both play golf). Carnival Games was fun for a while, both still enjoy Wii Fit too. Guitar Hero is fun for the younger one as well, although both are really hooked on the DS version right now.

Animal Crossing and carnival are games my DD likes! that aren't boy-ish but for both girls and boys!

She may find the Disney Princess game too simple as it sounds like she's already a gamer. We bought it for DD when she was 6 and she finished it in a day playing with a parent then she never touched it again. Mario Party is a great family game that has 3 female characters (Peach, Daisy, Todette). Mysims and Animalcrossing have a cute themes. Also what about renting games with gamefly?

My DD LOVES Animal Crossings. Becareful because it is addicting also. "I have to get on today because ---- is happening". It seems to run on a real time line.

I LOVE carnival because the games are fun and easy. The games are quick and many can be played. They are physical too.

HSM is really not worth the money at all. I wish someone told me months ago before we bought it. It was bought as a gift for the girls to use.

Ok, what about Animal Crossing, both my DD's really want that one, they have it for the DS but not the Wii yet. What about Disney Sing It, not the HSM one the other one. My DD12 was raving about that one the other day (we don't have it yet but it's going on my "list") With Mario Kart, let her play it by herself, set the computer at easy and let her just drive it. We all 4 love that game but it is a LOT more fun when you aren't last every time. My DD9 was 8 when we got the Wii (she just turned 9 last month) and she and I were always last.....she practiced one day when she was home sick (DBF stayed home with her so I could work) and it made all the difference!! She's so good now she is almost always top 5! She loves it now. :) And we do use the steering wheel controllers on that one. :) We only have a few games so I don't know really but that's what helped my DD with Mario Kart. :)

I also love Cooking Mama! It's fun.

My SD9 likes Cooking Mama, Animal Crossing, MySims, and Super Paper Mario.

If your DD can read well, make sure you give her a printout of a good "walkthrough" site. It'll help with some of the Mario stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter