Need help on telephone query

madmouse

Ears on,Brain off!!!!!!!!
Hi, I leave today for a 2 week stay at OKW.
Will purchase a telephone card from Wal mart or somewhere simalar,as calls to the UK from WDW is v.expensive!
Can I use the phone card from the phone is my room at OKW or elsewhere in WDW?Or is it only from a pay phone?
Thanks Sarah.

You can use a calling card from any phone anywhere in the US.

However in some places a sur-charge will apply. For example most pay phones will have a sur charge of 50 cents or so.

Resorts that charge for phone calls made on a resort room phone may have a charge (At most it would be whatever they charge for a local phone call.)

At DVC the local calls are 75 cents normally, but only 35 cents for DVC members. However they usually don't charge for 800 numbers, and charges on calling cards may or may not apply. Worse case it would be 35 cents a call for DVC members)

In any case your calling card will take care of the long distance charge. Any local charge may still apply.

Hope this helps.

Sam's and Costco are much less expensive than Wal Mart cards if you can get one. US calls are about 3.5 cents a minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter