Need help on Father/Daughter Dance

IHeartTink04

DIS Veteran
I thought I would ask you all for help!

I know that you all are experts in searching!

My dad just informed me that he wants a certain song for the father/daughter dance for my wedding on SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He "says" it is by Dickie Lee and is called Charlie. I can't find anything on that song.

He says the lyrics go something like "little girl dresses, little girl kisses"

This might be a loooooong shot, but the only thing I could find that slighly resembles what you're talking about is a song by a man named "Dickey Lee" and the song is called "Danna" and here's the lyrics:

Danna this is the day he's takin' you away from me

And Danna seems only yesterday all your love belonged to me

And now you're walkin' down the aisle you look at me and I try to smile

It's the hardest thing I ever had to do I'm losing you

You're a picture of beauty in your gown of satin white

I know you're happy I see it in your eyes

Oh I've seen this day a comin' till now I never knew

Just how much I'm gonna miss you how much I love you

[ keyboards ]

Danna I watch your misty eyes I'll try not to embrace you

But Danna I never realized that this would be so hard day

And now I hear the preacher say who will get his bride away

And I'll put your hand in his goodbye my world goodbye my little girl

You're a picture of beauty in your gown of satin white

I know you're happy I see it in your eyes mhm mhm

I know your lyrics are different...but I seriously couldn't find anything with "little girl dresses, little girl kisses." The only other thing I can think of is Butterfly Kisses? I forget who that's by, but that's a popular father/daughter song.

I think this may be the song he is thinking of - but this is all I could find about it. Good luck!!

CHARLIE MY WHOLE WORLD (Legal Title)
BMI Work #200621

Alternate Titles:
MY WHOLE WORLD
CHARLIE

Songwriter/Composer Current Affiliation CAE/IPI #
CRAFT PAUL BMI40652409
LEE DICKEY BMI17626293

Publishers
UNIVERSAL SONGS OF POLYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC BMI353265272

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp...00621&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

It looks like this is right but I still can't find lyrics or somewhere to hear the song!

Thanks so much for your help!

Did you ever find the song you were looking for? I saw your post when I was searching for it, too. The song is Charlie, My Whole World, by Dickie Lee. This is dating me, but I remember the song from the early 70's as one of my sisters loved it and played it constantly. Another sister was able to find the song on a cassette tape she had, and sent me a copy. I'm now trying to find someone who can transfer it from cassette onto a CD. I know it's too late for your dance, but if you'd still like it, I will send you a CD when I get it transferred.

Did you ever find the song you were looking for? I saw your post when I was searching for it, too. The song is Charlie, My Whole World, by Dickie Lee. This is dating me, but I remember the song from the early 70's as one of my sisters loved it and played it constantly. Another sister was able to find the song on a cassette tape she had, and sent me a copy. I'm now trying to find someone who can transfer it from cassette onto a CD. I know it's too late for your dance, but if you'd still like it, I will send you a CD when I get it transferred.

Thank you so much for thinking of me when you found this song!

We actually did find the song and my dad put it on CD for me but it didn't happen until after the wedding! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter