• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need help: OKW studio vs SSR studio

tigertimbo

Earning My Ears
If both are the same price what are the pro / cons.

My concern is the kids sleeping on sofa bed are not as comfortable as a regular bed.

We stayed in a OKW studio 3 years ago is it was ok. Havn't they all been updated recently?

HI! :wave2:

Before I go into the pros/cons of each let me just say first I have stayed at both of these resorts twice. Also, with the pullout beds - they are pretty comforable!

OKW:

Pros:
-studios have 2 queen beds (only DVC that has this)
-nice pool with slide
-boat to DTD
-biggest sq ft DVC rooms
Cons:
-a lot of the rooms are far away from main area (we had to drive to the pool!)
-not many food choices
(I do not remember how bus service was but it should be ok)

SSR:

Pros:
-many great pools 4+
-2 really great pools with slides (Springs and Paddock locations)
-nice food choices
-boat to DTD
-had good experience with buses
Cons:
-1 queen and 1 pullout in studios

Out of the two I enjoy SSR more mainly bc of the food and pools. The boat to DTD from both of them is a very nice option to have
Any other questions or if you need me to get into specifics for something just let me know!

-FantasiaMagic princess:

How old are the kids? The sleeper sofa at SSR will be double sized (smaller than the second queen sized bed at OKW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter